I

important note. skye is the same canonical age as poe.

Guilt.

Guilt strikes me down, i was a punching bag to them. Nothing, i was - am - nothing. Manipulated, lied to, crushed in his grasp but i didn't do anything wrong.

This was a normality, wake up, work, eat and hear the screams of innocent people surge through my blood.

"Drayson, come here." his eyes set on me as i froze in my seat

"Drayson."  he growled.

I forcefully rose, dragged to his feet, bounded, unable to show my fear. He lifted my chin gently and though you couldn't see it, i was sure his eyes were burning me alive. He dropped me to the floor and I daren't move. He took long strides to the opposite side of the room, all eyes on him. His distinctive figure seemed to merge into one blur as acid tears prick my swollen eyes.

I couldn't look away.

There it was again, the red light, slashing back and forth strangely complementing the screeches of the mass in front of you. I watched, cowering in fear yet mesmerised by how slick he was. No. No i wouldn't do this again, you wouldn't be made to think that this was ok.

Screams echoed, he held the obedient red to his side and stormed out of the room.

------------

"Drayson!" I had been  shaken awake, sweat trickling all over my body and tears poking at my eyes. Kotrana held my hand and squeezed it, she understood my pain. I had everything i needed in D'Qar, a roof over your head, meals every day .... Yet i had nothing to call my own.

"Come on girl its your first day..." Kotrana said rubbing circles in my sweaty palm as I shook away the memory. I locked eyes and I saw how torn i looked in the reflection of her glasses. I smiled softly and got up.

"Rana, I know.... I know.. I just didn't think we'd make it you know?" I looked up at her sombre brown eyes.

She gave me a knowing look. That's all I needed to know you were safe from them. From Him. Kotrana briskly turned on her heels, her dark, knotted hair met her tatty hairbrush and the battled to be untangled. I chuckled as the hair brush got trapped in Rana's thick locks and she made a silly face at me.

We were opposites. Her dark, flawless caramel coloured skin and perfect features clashed with my pale skin and my dark blonde hair. Her deep set brown eyes crinkled with her gleaming smile. My ice blue eyes burnt with passion for my work and my pride.

The orange pilot jumpsuits clashed with my hair horribly and i couldn't help but feel a sprig of jealousy and Rana walked out, flawless, as usual, hair tied in a tight ponytail the jumpsuit layed over her curves as she met my glance she smiled.

"Ok, wow, this is a resistance base not a model run way" I muttered when Rana walked in my direction. She giggled at my silly comment.

"Stop it Drayson, you look..." she sniggered

"Brilliant" I stared her down, trying to act offended, but i was unable to contain my laughter, i knew i looked ridiculous so i burst out laughing with her causing some people to turn.

The pilot suits were not  the best look for me but I slowly admired how is accentuated my waist and bum.

A buzz of anticipation lingered in the air. We were all eager to learn and be the best we could be.

"Quiet!" a loud, feminine, voice filled the room.

All eyes snapped to the entrance of the hangar. I couldn't believe my eyes. There they were, the face of the resistance pilots. I scanned the line of legends to find the voice that shouted. Vella Nost. A female pilot icon, everyone wanted to know her, to be her.

"Good, now as you know this job isn't going to be easy. Some of you will die" she admitted

Silence washed the room. I've only been here on minute and they're preparing us for death?! jheeze.

She scanned the room with narrow eyes.

"I want you all to refer to my colleagues here-" she gestured to the people next to her "As Sir, Ms and in my case, Commander."

A wave of nods came from everyone, and I tensely nodded.

"As per request of our General, I have been informed I must partner each of you with one of us to learn about 1 to 1 combat both in the sky and on ground. Do you understand" she called out

Another wave of nods came from everyone in the room. There was about 11 of us, all chosen from the programme to train to be pilots. I was so, so lucky someone dropped out otherwise I wouldn't be here.

After zoning out there was 4 of us left in the room. I gathered Vella had been partnering everyone up. Only me, her, Rana and another pilot stood in the room. I gazed at him momentarily as he death stared me.

Gods, what is wrong with these people? 

I dragged you eyes away from his.

"That leaves... Drayson?" Vella met my eyes. A smug smile crept on her face.

"Your training begins tomorrow, for now you have 1 on 1 time with your new partner".

I prayed Gods it would be her, especially after my encounter with the other guy.

"Kotrana Yung, with me" She briskly left me standing dumbstruck, Rana at her heel. Rana turned back and gave me a subtle smile and left. Leaving me alone with this - thing.

I slowly turned to greet the man who gave me the stare. I composed myself and gave him my hand for a firm shake. I sighed.

"I'm Drayson, Skye Drayson" I proudly stated my name.

A smirk was planted on his face . asshole you thought.

He took my hand and gave it a firm grasp, not breaking eye contact.

"Im Poe, Poe Dameron".

-----------------------------------

heya this is my first story and I decided to write it as im super bored in quarantine :)

please comment any improvements!

(leave a vote and a comment if this was a decent read)

- thank you !