XXXIII

"Believe me now?" I was almost panting as well. A mischievous smirk drew on his lips.

He didn't need to talk to show he understood.

-----------

The tiny girl whined and reaches her arms up to the older woman and cries out with a neglecting screech.

The woman reaches down and scoops the bundle up into her arms and coos the child to be quiet. Another small figure tugs gently on the mothers dirty cloak which draped to the ground, the tips mixing with dirt and sand.

Raging shouts and cries rip through the small families ears. The girl on the floor crouches into a ball still clinging onto the cloak for protection.

"I know... I know" the mother hums and rubs her thumb on the child's face in her arms.

Blaster shots ricocheted throughout the house, screams of fear and anger racked their bodies. A man peers around the door, blaster in hand, and looks to the family.

"They're here"

In an instant they are all running through the streets, sand kicking up behind them leaving a trail of mist. The mother holds onto the bundle in one arm and the other was clutching onto the young girls hands.

Men and women in masks stated to shroud around the family. Not shooting. Just slowly enclosing them, leaving no route for escape.

"WA-8727 reporting, suspects found" a white suited man shoved his blaster into the fathers back, making him fall onto his knees groaning in pain.

From a carrier, an old man came trudging our. A deep scar running through his face. He had no hair, his head was showered in wrinkles and creases. He looked undead. Alien. He stopped in-front of the family.

"Here you are. After all this time" he started to laughing menacingly.

"Hiding" he sneered and crouched to the child on the floor still clutching onto her mothers hands.

The mother pulled the girl behind her but as the old man raised his hand she was stopped in her tracks, the child ripped from her hands.

However the small girl didn't cry, didn't resist the pull from the old man. He held out his hand confidently, edging the child forward.

Her eyes were curious and intrigued.

A stomach curling scream left the mothers mouth, calling to stop her child from stepping closer to this man.

But this didn't pull the girl out of a trance.

She lifted her sweaty palm and interlocked it with the old man. A cruel smile overtook his face and he curled his fingers around the child's hand.

Muffled cries came from behind her but she was not phased.

The old man stood up, bending slightly to grip the girls hand.

"We got what we came for" he hissed to his troopers who were still pointing guns at the family.

"Sir" a voice caused the man to turn abruptly.

"What about the rest?" His voice was wobbly and hesitant.

"Kill them all"

He turned back, child in hand and walked elegantly to the hangar.

Red blaster shots ripped through the once silent night.

I shot up from the bed, sweat pouring from every inch of my body. My breaths were heavy and I panted my last breaths before I tumbled out of the bed clumsily to the bathroom across the room.