XL

I was glad to have found a new friend.

And he was right, I did need him. Especially now.

--------------------

Rain falls upon the masses.

It came down with its calming serenade on the roof and steady drumming on the windows. A deep rumble came from the night sky, a bone-chilling cold seeped through cracks in the window.

Trees were writhing, groaning against the impaling wind.

The air was startled when a fork of lightning blanketed the nights sky. It teared the sky apart, ripping it at the seams giving short flashes of light. I can hear my heart hammering in my chest in time with the rain beating on the window across from my bed.

I curled my toes together and pulled myself out of the enveloping, warm sheet. Some would find the rain beating down therapeutic but, I never did. I found it strange, foreign.

Being based on the Finalizer meant I only saw a sea of stars. An endless field of burning balls of fire. That was my therapy, little dots of light splattered on the nights canvass.

I looked towards the clock that lay on my cabinet, 4:21 AM. The early shifts will just starting up meaning I could get moving. I groaned at my night of barely sleeping.

I went to pull out my hair from the messy pony tail on top of my head.

An avalanche of milk chocolate waves tumbled around my face in a knotty waterfall. I ran my hand through the loose clumps on my head, scraping my nails across my scalp.

Next, I weaved the half-smooth locks into a roughly done braid. Weaving my fingers flawlessly over one another to get the hair out of my face.

I slipped into our training kit, the skin tight navy blue top and black leggings.

Walking through the corridors, I only came across a few people. Most of them looked half asleep, dragging their feet behind them, eyes half-shut.

As soon as I entered one of the smaller training rooms, I grabbed a nearby training staff and whirled it in my grip and started to act out moves I learn in combat training.

A blaster and a staff were the resistance best close range weapons, I treasured them both and considered myself to be good at wielding them.

I swung it over my head and stoop a deep breath, closing my eyes I imagined an opponent in front of me.

The black cloaked monster forced itself into my mind.

I saw every inch of him, as if he were real. Towering mass of evil radiating off every part of him. Merciless, untamed, raw anger. I imagined him pulling out a staff in front of him and the fight began.

I brought all my weight down on top of my hit and he dodged it causing me to trip clumsily behind me. I jerked back round and ran at him. A gut clenching cry ripped from my lips, I let out my lack of sleep and anger out on the invisible creature.

Suddenly, it didn't feel like my imagination.

I felt like I was fighting him, again. My mind rushed back to the Finalizer. Rey bleeding out on the floor. Me, towering over Kylo Ren, sinking the lightsaber into his thigh. Escaping by the skin of our teeth.

We pressed against each other's unforgiving strength. In a swift motion, I pulled back and spun my wrist, sending my opponents staff hurling through the training room and crashing into the door.

Once again I stepped towards him confidently and he took a hesitant step back. I held the staff in one hand and pointed it towards him, forcing him to walk back.

A loud thump made me rip my eyes from him.

I pointed my staff towards the noise and the white of the pilot's eyes flashed with shock.

I poked it into Poe's chest, hard, making him wince slightly at the pressure.

"What do you want"

Poe grabbed the staff and pushed it away from his body and raised his arms up in fake surrender. I held it tight in my grip, fists clenching. With my free hand I swept the matted, sweaty baby hairs from my face and huffed.

"You were pretty loud so I thought I'd come see what you were doing" his eyes scanned the room then met my gaze. I didn't say anything, just watched him carefully. His eyes darted to the ground.

"Look kid, Lora and I-"

"I don't wanna hear your bullshit excuses Dameron" I chucked the staff to the ground and crossed my arms.

"Well since you and Aaram are a thing I-" Poe shrugged his shoulders in defeat. My eyes opened wide.

"What" I retorted, interrupting him, choking on my won words. Anger started to boil deep in my system, as hot as lava.

"He told me you and him are an item so I-"

"He WHAT" I snapped, my anger came like burning steam. My face became rigid, jaw clamped tight, teeth grinding. Anger rented the air, if it were visible I'd grab it and strangle something with it.

"You and Aaram are dating, aren't you?" Poe furrowed his brow and he seethed, matching my growing annoyance.

"No. We're not."

-------------------

lets go back to hating aaram :)

x