40k special !

what the HELL,,,

i'm back again for a mini snippet into my fav duo's life !!

i just want to take the time to thank every single person who read, voted, commented and recommended this book to others (an amazing bonus)

i honestly work so hard for my characters (oc) to have developed and grown by the end of their story

just like skye and poe, my oc's in "Final Hour" are being enhanced every time i write and update

- if you haven't, go read that! -

on that bombshell,

thank you for making my day, every day.

i love you

without further a-due, here is a new update...

-------

It was like fuel to my fire.

"Say it again" I hissed to curly head next to me, who's brow was muddled with regret.

"No, I take it back.." he uttered to himself, bitterly admitting his shit wording choice. The still highly immature Poe Dameron leant up and grasped onto the dangling chain on his neck, feeling where the ring used to be. Damp eyes followed to my left hand, his withered fingers wrapping around my palm.

He pulled my hand closer and looked at his ring like it was art on a statue, perfectly fitting to any bump on my ageing skin.

"Poe there's no other option" my mind scrambled with the other options possible, all ending in someone getting hurt. Even the option I had in mind was bad enough.

"Couldn't you just-" with a scrawny ruffling of his hair, our hands separated. His nose quivered, I wasn't sure whether it was the cold or his nerves for what he was about to say.

"-Gods, I don't know-"

"Force 'train' her or something!?" he finally splurts out, face beaming with self pride, he obviously thought his genius was unmatched. I rolled my eyes once more.

Idiot.

"That's not how it works you imbecile" I chuckled amongst or pitiful argument over Mya and her fate.

"I'm trying my best baby, come on" he whined, he was tired. We both were. Sleepless nights - from the worst ways possible, unfortunately -. Long hours, less time... Less and even less time. Time being thrown around like asteroids carelessly flying with no purpose. Time being flattened by fate.

Time being lost in itself...

"You could just tell her the truth you know?" Poe finally sounded reasonable, biting down on his tough nails.

"When she's old enough" he mumbled through chewing loose skin around his fingers. A growing habit, I noticed.

"And if she turns..?"

And then there was nothing, nothing but a brief exchange of eyes flashing with awestruck fear. His head snapped round to face mine and if he had moved any faster, he could break his neck.

"Then-" I searched for a hope that it wouldn't be the end result. But it could be, it did cross my mind, more than I'd like to say.

"I don't know" I resigned to standing up, twirling the silver ring around my scarred, mottled fingers, still suffering from early years of torture and rancid service to the heartless masked man.

"She wouldn't turn" the fear spread erratically up my spine but I wouldn't let it hit my eyes. I wouldn't let him see it in me. My face remain steady and focused on my ring finger.