XIII

"Why would he need your help- when he has me?" Their voice said seductively and smoothly. I knew that voice.

Kotrana.

--------

A/N IMPORTANT: just a warning there is slightly (only a tiny bit) graphic scenes of blood in this!
I know it makes some people uncomfortable.

Surely my eyes were playing a cruel trick on me. I felt my heart being ripped from my searing chest. My heavy breathing took over as I wanted to scream in disbelief.

Yet I had no energy to do so.

Kylo ren stood over my barely conscious state, radiating power and dominance over my feeble limp. He kept his helmet on, making him more intimidating with his size.

"Tell me what you know about the resistance" through his mechanical voice I could sense him stabbing me with his eyes.

I would stay silent. Lips sealed tight. Refusing his entry into my mind, I build a barrier making my mind blank.

After my years with the First Order I learnt to hide certain thoughts from him. It was difficult but achievable.

Ren pulled himself up and stood at the bottom of the metal strip i was lying on. There was no amount of pain I wasn't prepared for.

I knew that this would eventually kill me. How they would do it? I didn't know. I just knew escaping for a second time was near to impossible.

"Perhaps you would prefer different company" Kylo gestured for Kotrana to step forward. She took his place with her hands behind her back and a sly smile printed on her face. Kylo swiftly exited.

"Traitor" I hissed at her in disgust.

"But that's all you my dear," she stepped to my side casually "remember when you 'convinced me to leave'?".

I said nothing.

"Well I took it upon myself to join you. You believed me so foolishly" she cackled. "You honestly though I'd leave?". she leaned down to my eye level. "Pathetic".

I thrusted upward with all my might, ridiculously hoping the bars I struggled against would break. I was losing hope.

Kotrana stood laughing at me.

"Now, now now.." she hummed eerily "What should we do with traitors". She stood dead still and turned to my fear stricken face causing her to smirk.

She briskly left the room intending to come back with something.

I looked around the room one more time. I've escaped death once and I didn't have the hope to escape again.

The walls thrived in the shadows. The pristinely cleaned floor held no reminisce of what has happened in here before. No blood seeping through the cracks, no sweat of innocent men and women.

The metal on my back was cold for touch, snatching the heat and life from my fingers.

Ghosts of the people bluster around screaming to escape the room they lost their lives, whispering and humming knowing what will happen to me.

Kotrana came back holding a small box in her left hand. Still sporting a devilish grin.

She lifted her left hand tormenting my eyes. She flicked a small switch revealing a flame spitting from the box.

It's orange ambers reflected in the gleam of her eyes.

She edged closer confidently.

The flame felt as if it were growing bigger and bigger as she came closer to my side. She leant down again holding the box close to my cheek and she spoke.

"What are the the resistance planning?". I felt the roaring heat of the flame melt my skin slowly. The scalding ambers picking at my skin.

"You would know. You were there." I turned to her struggling to avoid the flame.

"I went to one pilot course. Of course you didn't notice though, you were too busy flustering over flyboy". She moved the flame briskly to my hand hovering it over my fingers.

I refused to speak, i was prepared for it.

"If you insist" she grimaced.

The flame met the tip of my delicate fingers. Sickening filled my throat as the flame scalded my nails. The smell of burning, screaming, sweat and blood filled the room.

I screamed with all my energy as I felt the flame suffocate my fingers and singe their light fair colour. I felt my heart beat pulse rapidly in the tips of my limp hands causing my breathing to race and invade my lungs.

The heat rose through my body, attacking at me helpless body was a nauseating feeling. My fingers tingled under the dancing flame intensely piercing under its smoke. My hands were throbbing.

All thought the little box had left my hands I felt my blood boiling out of my fingers, gently seeping onto the once clean floor.

Kotrana grabbed my singed hand roughly and collected the blood in her prying hands.

She smeared my blood into her hand and pushed down on my face, smudging my own agony into my features.

The blood trickled down my forehead, pricking to get into my mouth and tugging at my eyelids.

I sucked in a breath of air allowing access to the blood at my mouth. It seeped down the back of my through causing me to choke and cough roughly.

My blood mixed with saliva was being coughed and drooled down my cheek slowly.

I heard a deep laugh from Kotrana as she wiped her hands on my shirt and turned on her heels leaving me.

I dreaded to see what my once tender hands looked like after that. Maybe looking at it would take away the pain. Maybe it wasn't as bad as it felt.

I lifted my heavy head and looked down at my hand, I felt sick flying up my throat and I gagged heavily.

My beautiful smooth skin had been charred and burnt red in agony. My blood had been smeared on the metal and blistering had formed.

The scalding was enough to make me sick, I turned to my untouched hand, contrasting its black and red scalding twin.

The pain still hadn't calmed down. I could still hear my own blood dripping down to the floor forming a small puddle.

The smell of my sweltering singed blood inhibited my nose making me feel faint by the though of it.

My fingers were completely numb from the excruciating feeling of pain.

My own thoughts taunted and played with me. Time was not accessible and I didn't know how long I had been left here alone now.

The blood was crusting on the blunt stubs on my fingers, this was unusually nice as the pain had died down slightly.

I felt the handprint of blood on my face had stopped spreading like a wildfire.

My own thoughts crowded me, resulting in me forgetting about the sickening pain.

I wondered what my friends were doing?

Where they worrying for my state?

Did they think i was a lost cause at not worth returning?

Would Poe hate me for leading the First Order to our base....?

Poe.

I needed so badly to apologise for the pain I had caused him from my days in the First Order.

Tears tugged my eyelids shut and they fell freely down my swollen cheeks. They slid down the sides of my face taking dried blood with it and plopped onto the metal head rest.

At least this wrenching agony wouldn't last forever.

I still won't say a word.

They wouldn't keep me alive much longer.

-------------