LVI

She got up and plopped herself in front of me.

"Go for it"

------

"Where do I start.."

And with that, the words fell.

In the corner of the hangar, my hushed words spilled out like harsh chemicals, staining Siena's face with shock, face pinched together the entire time with confusion. Words such as "First Order" made her cringe, like she would sink into herself if she could.

I told her everything, from beginning to end. From my first memories to Leia talking to me 5 minutes ago.

"You're kidding... right?" Siena was on the edge of laughing, in complete perplexing surprise. She slumped all her weight with her side up against her X-Wing.

"I wish I was" I shrugged, slightly out of breath after releasing the monsoon off my shoulders. It felt good to finally tell someone and not have them interrupt me.

"Well," she sighed pushed off the jet to stand back in front of me.

"I wasn't expecting that"

"Who knows?" her eyes dragged around the room, everyone going about their business. She pulled her wandering gaze back to mine and I lowered my head, looking at the scuffed floor.

"As far as I know, only Leia and Poe" I kicked shuffled my foot against the ground, making it squeak. I retracted myself at the noise and shot my eyes back up to Siena.

"Let's keep it that way, deal?"

"Deal" she raised her hand and ripped off the rag that was tied to her forearm. A greasy mark lay on arm and she chucked the rag to the side.

"And Poe is mad at you because-" she tilted her head and narrowed her eyes, prompting me to speak.

"Because he thought I told you all the truth" I finished her sentence, looking up to her eyes which were still wide with confusion. Siena burst out in a gentle laugh, shaking her head.

"You can be really stupid sometimes, you know that right?"

"Believe me. I know" Somehow in that moment I found myself smiling at my own stupidity. Our laughing died down and when only the humming conversation of other people could be heard, Siena spoke.

"How are you gonna fix it?"

"I-"

"I don't know" I slumped down on a crate that was to my left. I shoved some tools out the way after nearly sitting on a wrench.

"Don't give up yet" Siena bent down and picked up the wrench, placing it gently on the floor. Gods, this woman and her tools can not be separated. She propped herself back up against the jet and looked down at me.

"Giving up sounds like a good option right now" I overlapped my hands, holding them tightly. I traced my finger over the scars. White, faint lines running down my fingers, standing out on my pasty skin.

"Don't be silly" Siena giggled, looking up and down her jet.

"We'll figure it out" her eye caught sight of something and picked up the rag she tossed aside, grabbing it firmly and polishing a mark she must've saw.

"Did Leia say anything?" she rubbed the jet in circles as she spoke, grunting against the dirt and muck.

"Time is a healer" I watched Siena stop abruptly, hand hovering over the half-clean mark she was cleaning.

"Damn, why does she have to be so perfect" she restarts her cleaning.

"Stars knows" i rolled my eyes as Siena ducked under the belly of the jet to get to the other side.