XXXVI

"Maybe we could do that sometime" he smirked. I frowned at him, never failing to disgust me. I had no words worth his time so I brushed past him and headed for the exit.

"Guess not" he called out mid laugh, leaving me storming out of the room back to my dorm.

---------------

Once again, I was absolutely disgusted by my fellow pilot. If you can even call him 'fellow'. No doubt I would be scolded for storming out, again. But it didn't bother me anymore.

The sigh that left my mouth was weary and resigned. It signalled how I felt with no words. I held my head down in defeat when I sat down on my bed. I sat in a blanket of silence and frustration. No matter how many times I encountered Aaram, he never failed to get under my skin.

The knock on my door made me jump slightly. I groaned slightly, I didn't want to see anyone. However the knock had other ideas, it got louder and desperate. I dragged myself to the door and opened it, only to meet a new face.

"Hi" a deep curve on her lips took me by surprise. Her teeth were perfectly aligned, like soldiers awaiting their master.

"Can I help you?" I looked back at Lora quizzically, not hiding my irritation. She seemed unaffected and continued to roll back and forth impatiently on her heels. Before she got the chance to reply I spoke.

"Wait how did you know where my dorm was" I looked back at her with a a confused frown and she giggled like it was obvious.

"We're neighbours" she pointed to the door next to mine "I see you go in and out all the time" she flashed a toothy smile.

"Oh- how come I-" I shook my head slightly and looked to her. "-Never mind" I shrugged in defeat.

We stood opposite each-other wrapped in an awkward silence. Her eyes suddenly lit up and the smile returned to her face.

"Do you wanna go to lunch?" As much as I wanted to say no, her eager welcoming grin made me feel bad if I rejected her offer.

"Sure" I gave her a brief smile before following her down the familiar corridors.

When the wave of warm, delicious tasting food hit my nose I was desperate to sink my teeth into the air. Today was soup day, usually the best food we got.

The fresh aroma of tomatoes crept up my nose and made me sigh.

Lora passed me a tray happily and went to the small queue in front of us. I followed up behind her and she turned around.

"What you did was badass"

"Huh?"

"Beating Commander Dameron" she gave me an unblinking stare, complimented by her perfect smile.

"Oh," it clicked "it was nothing-" I brushed off her compliment quickly, I never know how to deal with them.

"Nothing?! If that's 'nothing' then I can't wait to see what you got"

I smiled at what it seemed genuine kindness. She started to gibber nonsense for the time we were in the queue, I listened to some of it.

But I couldn't help see our table in the corner of my eye. As usual, everyone was there sitting in their seats.

Fury vibrates through my body when I saw Aaram looking devilishly smug. Inwardly, i was seething but I wouldn't let it get the better of me.

I clutched the lunch tray tightly and took a deep breath before heading to sit down.

Poe was quick to shoot me a what-the-fuck-was-that stare. I looked back at him neutrally and slouched down onto my seat.

My gut clenched when I felt a pair of eyes on the side of my face. I bit down onto my lip, hard, trying to resist punching him in between the eyes.