30k special !

helooooooo

where do I begin buh what the fUck uh ,,, I'm not great at expressing my love for things without sounding cringey but

HOLYFUCKINGSHITWHATTHEHELLICANNOTBELIEVEITTHISHASMADEMYDAAAAYYY

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE WHAT THE HELLAHAHAH WHO EVEN READS THIS SHIT LMAO THERE ARE SO MANY BOOKS THAT DESERVE HYPE RN

ok, I'm calm.

as promised a week or so ago, I said if this book hit 30k I would do a mini update hehe !

I've been toying with what to do, but now i know !!

this also counts as a sort of backstory to why poe and mya don't have the best relationship

*nervously hee hee*

The cry was rebellious, screeching through the house and bashing off the walls and smacking me in the face. Her tiny arms flayed around erratically, grabbing at the air like it was for her dear, small life. Once again, I scooped her up in my arms, trying desperately to cradle her to sleep.

I had no such luck.

"Come on sweetheart, work with me here" I strained through gritted teeth, voice barely heard over her screaming.

With a baby it's usually one of two things, she wanted food or she wanted sleep. Not this time. Not my little girl.

She wanted her dad.

Her playmate, her friend.

And when I needed him most, he was never there, too busy working on his jet or too busy with anyone but his family. And in the rare moments of peace in the house, he would creep through the door and act like he did nothing wrong.

Poe's bitterness to having a child was an extension of his overactive vanity, his pride, his reputation. I expected him to step up to the roll with open arms and fling himself into the father figure.

He did the opposite.

He shied away from the idea of being an emotional anchor, too insecure to take on the roll. So I did it alone for nearly 1 year. I fed her, played with her, bed her, washed her, educated her on what she would need to know.

"Shhh" i hushed her with a soft kiss on her tiny forehead. Lips pressing gently on her temple, conveying my love for my baby.

The front door clicked and shut quietly from behind me.

"Poe" I didn't turn back, I knew he heard me when his shuffling footsteps came up behind, his slithering arm hooking around my waist. His lips rested on my hair.

"Skye" he mumbled into the back of my head, from his dark tone I could already tell he knew I was mad.

"Where have you been?" I whispered up to him, keeping my eyes on Mya. Her soft breaths, as quiet as a whisper pushing lightly through her parted lips.

"Work" his hand left my waist and he moved to my side, I could just about see his frame in my peripheral vision.

"Work finished 3 hours ago" I snapped back under my breath, trying not to wake up my little girl who I just got to sleep. I left his side and walked to her cradle that was in the corner of the room. It was 9pm.

"I'm trying" he reasoned with myself, pushing forwards his argument. I knew for one he wasn't trying. He was too scared he would mess up, setting his standards to unrealistic levels. No one would ever be a perfect parent.

"I know" I lay down the bundle in my arms and unwrapped her in the cot. Not risking her getting tangled in her own comfort blankets.

"When is she here?" Poe called out in a hushed tone from the other side of the room, indicating he hadn't moved from where I left him. I folded up the blanket carefully and turned to face the man I loved.