XLVII

Kylo gripped on tight to his weapon as the man came hurling forwards against his will.

His body met the saber.

-------------

It sunk deep into his stomach, releasing a deafening cry of pain with the impact. His cry was a brilliant fuse of guttural chokes mixed with an agonising roar of pain.

Aaram choked down on the blood crawling out of his lips. Kylo twisted the saber in deeper so the handle was pushing against his pudgy, raw skin and pulled Aaram's ghostly white body out of his weapon.

His bare skin was shredded and he convulsed uncontrollably like a rabid animal.

He tumbled to his knees and his body folded over itself like a ghoulish mannequin. The sickening stench of metallic blood took over my worn out senses. Like a thick, poisonous river his blood flowed out of the gaping hole in his stomach, his pleads and shouts became quieter.

He slumped over onto his back and his mouth slacked open.

I pulled back into reality as my eyes searched across his mottled body, lifeless and mushed into the blood stained floor.

Kylo lurched his shoulders back, another kill to add to his infinite list.

With a hiss of air, he clipped the helmet that hid his face off and chucked it to the floor.

Crusting blood was scattered on his white skin, from the lack of sun he was paler than usual. I was never afraid of his rage that coated him in a protective layer, behind the wide pupils he always tried to hide the torments of his childhood.

Burning animosity was developing quickly in my veins, threatening to send me into overdrive.

Poe stepped up to my side and slung his arm around my waist, pulling me behind him. I tried to pull against it, the bubbling anger building up, but he was stronger than I was so I didn't budge.

With one hand holding me back, he held the blaster in his other aiming it towards Ren who now sported an amused look.

"So the pilot cares" Ren seethed, seemingly laughing at the situation. I lunged forward but my guts crashed together as Poe held me back tighter than before.

A deep chuckle from Ren fuelled the fire burning me out. I struggled against Poe's grip, he strained back against me and with a firm shove I tumbled back a few steps.

Poe shot his head round and his whole face was plastered in regret.

"Did I hurt you?" he ushered over to me and grabbed my hands again and held them securely in his. I gave him a quick shake of my head confirming I was fine. To this, he turned his back to me, slipping his hand out of mine and bringing his blaster back to Ren.

With a flick of his wrist, the blaster flew out of Dameron's hand and across the floor.

Poe dropped his hand to his side and sighed turning round to me.

"Why do I even bother-"

"Quiet"

Poe snapped his head back round to Kylo who took a confident step closer, treading heavily on the tension surrounding us, flattening it to the ground. Instinctively, I took a step back and tugged on Poe's shirt when he didn't follow me.

He flapped my hand away and kept his eyes trailing Kylo who was only a few paces away.

He stopped in front of us, Poe had to look up because of the immense height difference. The three of us stood in a silence that seemed to last a lifetime.

Poe's cracked lips twitched has he tried to resist a smirk falling on his face, I looked over to him and scowled- this wasn't the time for joking around.

"Sooo" he dragged it out clapping his hands together and rocking back slightly on his feet, Ren sneered down at the smaller man as he taunted him. Poe looked between us and bit the inside of his cheek, supressing a laugh.

"What now? We hug it out or-"

Poe stopped abruptly, fighting to get the words out. His face began to turn into a sickening deep red and his mouth fell open, strangled breaths leaving his tense body.

His hands shook violently as he brought them up to his throat to feel the invisible constriction, eyes bulging.

The headstrong pilot sagged to the ground in a crumpled pile.

My first instinct was to drop to the ground and help him but I froze in my spot, unable to move. I fought against the touchless grip but couldn't break out of it.

He took a threatening step towards me, stepping over Poe's half conscious body.

"So much power..." he brushed past my shoulder and I felt his presence behind me. I felt a tickling on my ear, in the corner of my eye I could see Ren had bent down to my shoulder, his hair hitting my ear.

"Wasted" he whispered, the deep smoothness reminded me of his darkness. The lulling, seductive tone I fell for before. He retracted from my side and walked back round to face me

"It's a shame-" his black hair swirled with the gust of wind that circled us. I could feel tears threatening to crack onto the surface.

"You could have been so much more than this" he hummed with a sense of disappointment hanging off his words as he pointed towards me.

"Rather be this than be with you" I spat back, still frozen in my spot. My eyes glazed over with salty beads of water. I squeezed my eyes shut allowing the tears to dampen my cheeks. Kylo avoided my eyes and looked down to Poe hunched on the floor still trying to gain his breath back.

"And that's the pilot I see in your head" he spat down at Poe who was unaware of what was going on, slipping in and out of consciousness. Ren bent down to his level and hovered his gloved hand over his head.

"And you're in his" he stood back to his full height and his hand was held over the lightsaber on his waist, itching to grip onto it. As his fingers touched the black grip I cried out.

"Don't-" My words were tangled into my tears, Ren pulled his hand back to his side and met my eyes.

"Don't hurt him" I continued, vision fogged by the stinging pearls of tears in my eyes. My voice broke down at the end of the sentence when I looked back down to Poe.

"Then join me"

I collapsed to the ground as he released me from the claustrophobic grip. I held myself up and watched him as he held out his hand, beckoning me to join his side.

"Don't deny your fate Drayson"

I looked back and forth between him and Poe, doubt filling my head. Was I actually just questioning where my loyalties lie?

"I hear what you're thinking- I sense your doubt" he pushed his hand further forward towards me.

My mind whirred loudly with endless thoughts.

A shot from the side caught Ren unaware and he clutched his teeth together seething against the blaster shot on his forearm.

Kylo scavenged the area looking for the shot, he ignited his weapon and the low humming filled the air again. He darted his head from side to side, scanning the open air and stopped to look at something.

I peered my head around the corner and felt my body elate, like the weight of a thousand boulders just got released off my back.

Siena was trembling with a blaster in her hand, smoking out the end from where she shot him.

In a swift movement Kylo held his hand up and the small girl flew into his grip and he threw her against the floor making her shrivel up beside Poe who was still half out of it. Kylo rose his dangerously elegant weapon.

In the dead silent air, something made us all jerk our heads to the side.

The sound of another saber lighting up.

---------

okay so I kind of liked this more than the others

x