XLI

"You and Aaram are dating, aren't you?" Poe furrowed his brow and he seethed, matching my growing annoyance.

"No. We're not."

---------------------

Burning rage hissed through my body like deadly poison, crying out for release in the form of unwanted violence. I gritted my teeth in an effort to remain calm.

It didn't work.

The rage inside me was like a vexing of the soul for what I felt was not human. It was twisted and distorted but it was stronger than anything I've ever felt before.

Just as I was starting to put my trust in Aaram he had to go break it.

I took long aggravated strides, pushing past Dameron to leave the training room.

"Where are you going?" Poe's voice hinted worry, I jerked my head to face him.

"Going to pay my 'boyfriend' a visit" I shot him a malicious grin, a shallow smile with deep piercing eyes that betrayed all innocence to compliment it. His face twisted into one of regret and he started to half-jog towards me.

I stormed through small crowds, barrelling past, heedless of the shocked onlookers.

I knew where I was headed.

I could hear Poe shouting desperately behind me but I blocked him out. The untamed rage was spreading in my veins and fast.

Faces zipped past and I broke into a run. Blurs and muffled shouts rung in my ear but I had my heart set on one thing and one thing only.

I didn't even bother to ask where Aaram was I just knew, a weird tingly sensation led me to his presence.

I stormed into the hangar and as expected, there he was talking with a technician. They seemed deep in conversation, unaware of me storming in.

"YOU-"

I raised my hand and my fist collided with my full body weight onto his nose, before he could even comprehend what happened a splatter of blood fell on the floor.

His chest heaved up and down gently and he wiped the back of his hand across his lip. Aaram looked down at the fresh blood, a crazed, surprised grimace crawled on his battered chin.

"Why did you tell him we were dating" my voice raised to a shout, tempered with anger and irritation. I clenched my fists together. My pulse raced and I panted heavily, I was about to burst. Aaram to a quick step back.

"What are you talking about I-"

"Don't lie to me you prick" I spat down at his feet, his eyes reflected that he was in a complete state of panic. His eyes darted behind my head and I turned.

A small group were watching this outburst unfold.

I narrowed my eyes and the build up of anger inside me was going to overfill.

"Why. Did. You. Tell. Him. That"

Aaram's fearful eyes merged into a sly look. His lips curved into the menacing smirk he wore much too often. He cocked his eye brow and tilted his head slightly.

"I'm selfish"

"Damn right you are" I hissed.

My fist met his jaw again. More unruly and brutal than before. His face crushed together with the impact.

His blood pooled onto my fist and I shook it off.

Aaram just stood there, perplexed.

I turned briskly on my heels and left him standing, blood seeping from his nose. I elbowed the small group to get past, everyone looked onwards with shock and mostly confusion.

But I didn't care, I got my justice. He deserved every bit of pain I brought down on him. I gave him what he gave me.

When I reached my dorm I collapsed onto the bed, sinking my head deep into the pillow wishing it would swallow me whole. But I didn't cry. The anger that caused me to punch him still lingered in my fists.

A soft knock pulled me away.

When I opened it, a concerned Dameron let himself in. I shut the door behind him and turned around.

We stood looking at each other in a tense silence. Poe opened his mouth to talk.

"I'm sorry I thought you-"

"Don't be sorry flyboy" I cut him off, feeling my face pinch into a frown, he wasn't the one that needed to apologise.

"So you're not mad?"

"I'm more than mad Poe, I'm infuriated but-" I circled back to sit down on the edge of the bed and looked up to him. Hesitantly, he sat down beside me.

"-But not at you" I shrugged helplessly, the familiar arm slid around my waist and held me in comfort. I leant into his side

"You know I did it 'cause it thought it would make you jealous" Poe whispered, I scoffed at his explanation

"Definitely worked" I mumbled into his side. We were tangled in an awkward hug but it didn't feel it. It was enveloping my heart, melting the ice cage that surrounded it. I hated to admit I was jealous, it made me feel weak.

"I'll bare it in mind"

"Huh?" I hummed in confusion.

"Well if someone tries to sweep you off your feet," I felt him shrug at my side "I can do that and you'll come back to me" his voice was soaked in a hopeful way. I giggled girlishly.

"Not one of you best ideas Commander" I nudged his rib slightly and pulled away from his secure embrace. I searched his face and found nothing but a calm pair of eyes looking into mine.

I cupped his cheek in my hand and rubbed my thumb, clashing against his freshly shaven stubble. He leant into my hand, fighting a smile on his lips.

"You'd suit a beard"

Poe pulled back and rolled onto his back chuckling at my random comment. I lay back next to him propping myself on my elbow so I could look into his face. He stared up at the ceiling and the smile playing on his lips faded.

I studied his face in a blissful silence.

His eyes turned slowly and looked into mine, I couldn't read what he was thinking. I didn't need to.

He pulled himself up and rested his hand on the back of my braided hair, his eyes flickered from my lips to my eyes. I leant in, closing the space between us.

I melted as his lips brushed against me for a tender moment. I could taste his previous regret, all my senses heightened and a grabbed the side of his face.

We pulled apart, lips barely touching. I could feel his deep breathing sink down my mouth.

I closed my eyes to savour the moment, lapping it up like it was the last time I'd ever get it.

----------------------

so finally we beat up aaram, he deserves it lets be real uh :)

x