XXXII

"If you change your mind-" she dragged out the last words aching for a positive answer. I smiled gently.

"You'll be the first to know"

--------

"I still can't believe he walked off" With a deep sigh, Siena plummeted down onto my mattress. She leant back slightly on her elbows.

"Thanks for reminding me" I mumbled, the last thing I wanted was being reminded of his rejection.

"For what it's worth" - Siena propped herself up to sit straight with her back against the wall- "I think he's making mistake".

I rolled my eyes deeply and perched on the edge of the bed to look at her.

"Clearly not. He's made his choice and I've made mine-" I looked down to where I was subconsciously fiddling with my fingers. I looked up to see Siena silently prompting me to finish my sentence.

"- I'm not gonna be distracted by some egotistical, bigheaded, narcissistic flyboy ever again" my voice was sharper than I would've liked. But it sent Siena into hysterics.

Her booming laughing filled the room and she gripped her knee for support.

"What? What's so funny" I groaned and Siena calmed herself down. She looked into my eyes, a playful smile edging on her lips.

"You and I both know you don't mean that" her lips tightened into a straight line trying to hold back a laugh.

"Fine laugh it up" - I stood up and head towards the full-size window at the end of the room. I knew I didn't mean it, of course I didn't.

No matter how hard I could try I couldn't get Poe out of my head. Like a rash that just won't go away- or a contagious disease (in this case the disease happened to be a gorgeous man).

The repetitive lunch bell rang again. And with it Siena jumped onto her feet and practically dragged me to the door.

As always the vibrant hallways were humming with life. Busy people doing day to day things.

My mind touched on a memory of the Finalizer. How everyone was organised and micro managed. It was so different here. These were just regular people who had a personal grudge against the First Order.

A sprang of guilt filled my chest. I was in fact responsible for the deaths of hundreds, possibly someone in this corridors loved ones or family.

But they couldn't know.

Siena bumbled along endlessly about something- I wasn't really listening. But something caught her attention when we reached the mess hall. Enough for me to bash straight into her back.

"what is it-"

I followed Siena's gaze to the table we usually sat at. For the first time in a week, Poe was sat there.

"Oh gods" I mumbled under my breath, I felt Siena pull on my shirt and drag me to the food counter, making me break my eyes from the pilot.

"What happened to 'no distractions' hm?" A half smirk crept onto her face and I nudged her in the shoulder causing her to stifle a giggle.

We picked out our food and I paused for a moment. Siena looked back over her shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile.

As we approached the table, Malik and Nash looked up and shot us a brief smile before looking at Poe attentively. The tension was thick enough for them to notice.

Nash tilted his head to the side with curiosity and I shook my head in return, silently explaining that Poe was in a mood. Nash turned back to his food.