XVII

I took a deep breath and prepared for the next hours of my life.

"You guys ready to make a scene?" I smirked slyly knowing what was going to happen.

-----------

(pov: Skye)

I heard the sound of smashing glass in the distance, followed by a few faint shouts.

A piercing siren wailed out like a baby screaming for its mother. It made me feel sick, causing me to jerk in my spot. The cuffs dug deeply into my frail thin arms and I fell back closing my eyes, listening to the screams and cries of everyone on board.

Obviously something had gone wrong but I didn't care. I was hidden behind sealed doors with no one coming in or out.

(poe)

All chaos was breaking out. TIE fighters came from left and right, attacking from all angles. In this battleground I wore a blindfold around my heart, not letting feeling get in the way of our job. We start the attack, we follow through. A bolder came flailing towards me and quickly I pressed down on my trigger breaking it in half.

I flew through the middle and felt a small victory as the two halves sent multiple TIE fighters flying through the atmosphere.

"Nice shot" Seth's voice came from behind, it shocked me as he had been so quiet.

Each turn I made was deliberate, each shot was purposeful. I weaved back and forth through the wave of war.

"There's one on me someone help" the desperate voice of one of my squad members, Temmin Wexley.

"Hold on" I called out through the comm.

I sped past through small gaps to reach my good friend. I eyes the TIE fighter on his tail as Wexley tried hard to shake it off. I gritted my teeth together causing my jaw to tighten, I ignored the pain and focused on my task.

I hovered my thumb over the trigger waiting for the target to lock onto the fighter, trying to not hit my team. A beep indicated it was locked and I pressed down the trigger causing the fighter to blow into pieces.

"Thanks Poe"

"Its fine, lets keep moving. Rey? Can you hear me?" I questioned.

"Yeah yeah I hear you" Her voice came through seemingly agitated by the mass of opponents.

"Good can you make the move now?"

"Yes it's clear"

Those words filled me with joy and I let out a deep sigh.

"Let's go. Team one break formation lets go say hi to these guys" I chuckled and broke away from the fight followed by Rey and another team member.

I called out to them saying slow down and stay low profile as we entered a minor hangar. Finn calculated the times there would be storm troopers guarding and we entered at the time there was the least amount.

We landed quickly and safely as the small group of troopers spotted us, taking cover to aim. The air hissed as I opened the cockpit and climbed down to hide behind a pile of boxes in the hangar. I turned to my left to see Rey, her hair falling out around her face and sweat sticking it to her forehead messily. BB-8 released himself from his pod and rolled to my side. Seth pulled up to my side, blaster and med kit in hand.

I turned to my right to see my other team member shooting non stop and the group of troopers. They ducked down and met my eyes out of breath. I looked at them with a questioning face, eyebrows furrow and eyes narrowed and head tilted slightly.