» IX «

"Did you tell Sean about this?" Kaycee lifted her gaze and saw Gabe standing in front of her inside a diner where Kaycee decided to meet Gabe.

"So, what are you going to tell me today, Gabe?" She asked as she turned off her phone after receiving an incoming call from Sean.

He's been calling her for almost 30 minutes now, and he flooded her with text messages, but she decided not to answer the call and reply to his texts. She doesn't want him to know that she's out, meeting up with Gabe. But she promised to herself that she'd tell this matter to him once she and Gabe settled and clear things between them. And she wanted to say to him that she's dating Sean already.

Gabe sat in front of her as he ordered an iced tea and burger. "Do you want to order something?"

"Nope. I'm good. So Gabe, about what happened last night-" then he gave back the menu to the waiter and looked at Kaycee's direction. He looked at her with sadness yet disappointed look, and Kaycee doesn't know how to react.

"Can't we just bond for a moment and not talk about that stuff before I finish my burger?" Then the waiter placed the iced tea on the table along with the Burger that Gabe ordered, not minding the waiter's presence.

"But Sean and I-" she was cut off when his phone rang, and Gabe picked up the call as he slowly eats his burger. And because Kaycee's starting to get bored, she decided to order a strawberry shake as she waited for Gabe to finish talking to someone on the phone.

"You were saying?" Kaycee didn't reply when the waiter came and gave her order.

"Last night. Let's talk about it now, or I'm going to leave." She answered as she takes a sip on her shake.

"I'm not going to say sorry about the kiss because I like you, Kaycee, and I'm willing to take responsibility for my action." Kaycee took a deep breath as she closed her eyes and controlled her emotions. Then she looked at Gabe and gave him a severe look.

"You don't understand, Gabe. I don't want you to take responsibility for it because, for me, what you did is beyond the line." She answered without even blinking. She has a boyfriend, and she wants to make it clear to him. She doesn't want him to be responsible because she knew that Gabe would never do it if he knew that she's dating Sean.