» XVII «

It has been an hour since Kaycee, and the group started practicing. The routine was almost finished, their executions of the steps were near perfection, and all the dancers were excellent in performing the choreography that Tricia Miranda had created.

However, Tricia noticed that Kaycee has been spacing out whenever they stop for a break.

She would instead stare at the ceiling or would close her eyes and distance herself from the crew. And Tricia can't stop but wonder, what happened to the jolly Kaycee Rice she knows?

"Okay, let's repeat this part." Tricia declared as she made the step so that the others would know where to begin.

Kaycee immediately stood up from where she's standing and went to her position, just beside Gabe de Guzman. Gabe then looked in her direction, and he gave her a nudge on the shoulder.

"Are you alright?" He asked as worry was written all over his face. He was just concern about what is going on with Kaycee, but instead of getting a response from her, she just acted like she never heard him asked.

Kaycee noticed that everyone was eyeing her the moment they started their first day of training. She knows that she's been acting way out of her personality, but she can't stop thinking about Sean and everything that had happened between them yesterday.

Sean would never storm out like that if she didn't do anything stupid or say something that he didn't like.

"Kaycee?" She's been wondering what the hell did she do wrong. Was it because Gabe came to fetch her? Did he think that something happened to them? "Kaycee."

But she made it clear yesterday that he just came to pick her up to meet Tricia Miranda. "Kaycee!"

She was immediately taken back to reality when she heard Tricia Miranda's strong voice that called out her name. She stares at Tricia as she was looking back at her with seriousness in her voice.

Her gaze then immediately shifted beside her when a hand rested on her shoulder. When she looked at the person, Gabe was worried, and everyone around them was focused on her.

"Are you alright?" She looked at the person who spoke, and she saw Tricia Miranda walking towards her. But before Tricia could even touch her, she immediately excused herself and started running outside the dance studio, hoping that no one would follow her.

Tears started to flow down her cheeks as the pain she was trying to hide started to burst out on her system. Sean didn't want to talk to her because he's been ignoring her messages since yesterday. She even went to the Lew Residence, but Sean's parents told her that he's not home.

She's been worried the whole night, calling all her friends, hoping that Sean was there. However, everyone told her that Sean's not with them. And that prevented her from getting some rest.

She immediately stopped running when she feels that she can't breathe properly. Her chest gets tighter and tighter, making her almost give up on breathing. But then, a hand once again touches her shoulder from behind.

"What's going on, honey? You know, you can always tell me. I'll listen." And when she heard those words, she instantly faced the person behind her and immediately crashed her body onto Tricia.