» XXI «

DAYS came and go. Everything never felt the same since Kaycee looked up in the sky as she let the plane, where Sean boarded with Tati, fly up above the sky.

It is still fresh in her mind as she recalled what happened that day-the reason why she decided to go after him but stopped in her tracks as she let him slip away.

As if the world had given her a chance to realize everything before everything starts to fall. The sunlight was hope for her to admit to herself that everything wasn't the same anymore.

She intently closed her eyes as she chugs the water at hand. Kaycee clenched her first as she tried to calm her senses. It was the last thing she could do to let peace reign within her. She's nervous for some reason that she can't explain herself.

Was it guilt that keeps on bugging her? Or was it the pain that Sean left engraved deep in her heart?

Since Tricia Miranda has given them 30 minutes to rest, Kaycee took the chance to be alone for a moment and plugged her earphones on her ear while the song Slip by Elliot Moss.

She can't take her mind out of what happened that day. And over and over again, like a broken record, the scene that day kept on playing inside her head reminded her of how painful it was to chase after someone and ended up letting that someone slip away.

[Flashback]

The team was rehearsing the finishing choreography that day. Everyone's fired up as they danced like it was already the finale of the dance battle. And even though Kaycee couldn't focus at all, she tried her best to level with her teammates. She doesn't want to fall behind because of personal matters that she shouldn't include when dealing with this.

Everyone noticed her sudden change of mood. However, nobody seemed to have the chance to talk to her since everyone has their matters to deal with. And Kaycee is at least thankful for them not showing any sympathy at all to ease her mind.

However, as soon as Tricia announced that they should have a break, Kaycee immediately isolated herself from the others as she scrolls down on her phone after checking out some of her friend's IG posts. However, her hands started to tremble as one post caught her attention.

It was Tati's post where she's inside a recording studio while Sean was standing next to her. The following photo was inside a room, dressed up in a different style, as Sean was busy choreographing while Tati followed with the steps. Then another picture followed where they looked so happy together while drinking milk tea outside a coffee shop or somewhere she can't recognize at all. Kaycee immediately stopped herself from looking as she can't handle the pain anymore.

She wanted to bring out her A-game for World of Dance, and she's not letting her emotion ruin her momentum. Sean stopped communicating with her, and Kaycee started to slip away.

"Are you just going to stare at your phone like that and look miserable for how long? A lifetime?" Kaycee jolted op to where she's seated and smiled at Tricia Miranda, who happened to be looking disappointed at her.

"I'm sorry, Tricia. I didn't hear you were already calling out for practice." She said as she slips her phone behind her, gripping it tightly as her life depends on it.

"Get out," her heart stopped beating in a split second as her mind tried to digest Tricia Miranda's word. Did Kaycee hear her, right? Is Tricia telling her to get out?

"Wait. What? What's going on?" Kaycee absentmindedly asked as her fingers started twitching behind her back. Is Tricia kicking her out?

"I never repeated myself to you, Kaycee. I said, get out."

"But-" before Kaycee could even protest, Tricia touched her hands and held her onto hers while Tricia looked at Kaycee directly in the eyes.

"You're great, sweetheart. You dance perfectly, and you were always in sync with whoever you dance with. You never failed to prove to me that you learn and get better. You stand up after a hard fall. I admire you for being such an amazing woman with so much dedication and love for what you wanted to do."

It was a brief silence that followed after what Tricia told her. However, Tricia continued while still looking directly at Kaycee's eyes.

And Kaycee looked at her, searching for the right answer she needed to know.

"But I can't see you like this anymore. I have never seen you struggled so long and so hard. You have never been this helpless and hopeless. You're a great woman, but if you keep on letting yourself suffer, you should get out of my sight. I want you to focus on one thing now and make the best decision you wanted to make before you ended up screwing and regretting everything before it's too late to make a change. I don't want you to slip out, Kaycee, and I also don't want you to let everything slip away."

__________
IT TOOK Kaycee five minutes drive before she arrived at the airport. She panting hard as her eyes roam around the area, every corner it can reach. She started running to see the big monitor know how much time she had left before Sean and Tati's flight depart.

After confirming that she still has 10 minutes before the flight, Kaycee started running towards the crowd, hoping to see Sean.

Remembering the last time they talked, Kaycee knew that she wanted to hear Sean explain after all. Sean has been calling her and texting her nonstop; however, Kaycee declined every call, deleted every text, and avoided the man of his life until they ended up where they are now. She can't give up on him like that because Kaycee knows in her heart that Sean would never give up on her.

The time is ticking, and Kaycee grew desperate to see him. Until her eyes finally landed on someone, she can easily recognize.

He was sitting and tapping on his phone nonstop until a woman approached him and telling him something Kaycee wasn't able to hear. Then they stood up and started marching away. Kaycee wanted to call him out as her hands extended, trying to reach him far away, but stopped herself from doing anything at all.

Kaycee looked at Sean as they boarded, and she didn't stop him. And at that moment, she already slipped away.

Sean promised. Kaycee promised. And here they are, breaking that vow and letting themselves shatter in the process.