» XIX «

HE hastily answered his phone as soon as the number came popping out of his screen for the second time.

He didn't know how to act. After having a misunderstanding with Kaycee, it is a bit shocking to see her calling. But he didn't do anything wrong in the matter. So why get nervous, Sean?

"Hey, Kays. I know we're both having a hard time and-" He nervously answered as he roams his eyes around the area. He knows that something doesn't feel right. But the road is empty, and nobody's around.

"Where are you?" He closed his eyes as he scratches the back of his neck, trying to let contain the frustration he's feeling.

"I just..." He paused as he tried to find the right words to connect before telling her. He didn't want to get her upset or anything.

"Where. Are. You?" Her voice is demanding. Her voice holds a tone as if she is searching for answers that he is not sure what. Her voice carries an authoritative manner like she wanted to point something out of him. Did she know that he's in front of Tati's house? Or is someone they know saw him hanging out with her? Is that the reason why she's acting weird over the phone?

Sean didn't want to start another argument with Kaycee, and he wants to talk to her. Face-to-face.

"I'm in front of Tati's house. I decided to drop her off. Why?" There's no point in lying. Of course! Sean loves Kaycee so much. She is his life, his everything. And lying is not part of his loyalty to her. He promised before that he would never lie, and he's holding up to that promise until the end of time.

"Is that it? You just dropped her off?" He heaves a deep sigh as he senses something from Kaycee's tone. She sounded like something is bothering her, and he wanted to know what is it. Aren't they partners to begin with?

"Is there something wrong? You sounded so different. Are you all alright?" But instead of her entertaining his question, a low chuckle is heard on the other side.

"You know what? Forget that I asked about it."

"Kaycee-" but it was already too late when Kaycee ended the call, leaving Sean a bit confused. What did he do wrong again?

A part of him hopes that Kaycee called because she wanted to see him and adequately deal with the problem they are facing now, but man! It hurt when he realized that she just got her to begin another issue that he didn't know when and how it started.

Was it his fault? Is he the one to blame again?

KAYCEE is not happy with what just happened. She saw it, with her own two eyes, that Tati just kissed Sean!

It's just a FRIENDLY KISS on the CHEEKS, and everything IS ALL RIGHT! IT WAS JUST A DAMN KISS, and no problem will be brought. Of course! Everything is fine, and she's in her composure to tell herself that she's alright with what she saw.

The f*ck with all of it! Who wouldn't be mad at it? After having a big fight with your boyfriend or girlfriend and seeing them getting intimate with others, aren't you going to be in full beast mode?! Like a damn switch turned on inside of you, and all you wanted now is to wreak havoc!

"Urgh! Damn this!" She shouted out of frustration as she held her phone tightly. Any second now, and her phone will be crushed in her own hands.

Tears started to caress her cheeks as she takes a few more steps away from where she saw Sean standing. And in those few steps, before she reaches her bike, all the pain and every negative feeling she felt are carried along with her actions.

She wanted to talk to Sean. And that is the reason why she excuses herself from their practice so she can speak to him. But when she arrived at Sean's house, they told her that he went outside with Tati.

Of course. Of all people, why her?

She doesn't want to sound like a possessive girl over her not-yet-official public boyfriend, but she can't help but wonder where is he!?

And then, here she is, getting jealous and everything without even listening to Sean's side of the story! Why? It is because she wanted to avoid the scene of wasting her time hearing him lie into her face when she knows everything! She didn't want him to lie to her! She wanted him to tell the truth even if she didn't ask! IIs she selfish now? Because if trying to save your relationship but avoiding your partner's lies is called selfishness, then get her that. She deserves it!

So, that's it? After a huge misunderstanding, everything will fall into square one? No. This can't be!

Kaycee stopped in her tracks as she hesitantly looks behind her back or continuing to walk away. She didn't know what to do anymore. And then, her eyes landed on her bicycle, and without thinking any further, she hurriedly went towards it and fixed her eyes at the down tube, and with a perfect, hard swing, her tibia went straight to the metal, causing a loud bang into the area.

And before she knew it, she was already on the floor, hands tightly wrapped into her foot where it hurts badly. She wanted to scream in so much pain but ended up stopping herself from causing any disturbance.

And instead of screaming, she let herself silently cry not because of the pain from her foot but the pain that overwhelms her heart.

"Why are you hurting me so much?" She silently asked herself as the tears keep on coming, reminding her of how miserable she gets. She should have known that things will turn out this way. That everything will change.

He promised never to hurt her. And she always holds onto that promise. And now, she didn't know where even to hold on

*******
What's up, you guys?! Sorry for the super delayed update! I know that I have been busy for so long, and I have no time to write and continue my other drafts as of the moment but trust me, I AM NOT ABANDONING THIS STORY!

I hope you'll understand my situation since exams are on the date already and the thesis is waving at me. Urgh! My schedule has been full, and I'm already exhausted. But I will find some time to continue updating this story. Sorry for keeping you waiting on an update, so here it is!

And with this big announcement that Sean posted on his Instagram, I can't wait for it!