23: PRIDE

The huge vines wrapped Shigaraki’s body, crushing the life out of him. DAMN MAN! If those thread-like moss managed to capture those Noumus exceeding everyone’s expectations, what about those THICK HUGE-ASS vines?!

If those moss are like a spider wrapping it prey with web, then the vines are probably a snake. A big-ass anaconda, squeezing its prey then slowly eat it up.

Katsuki managed to control himself again but still- he doesn’t know what to do. Those vines are the squeezing the oxygen out of the man. He doesn’t know if he should feel relieved that he doesn’t have to dirty his hands or if he should feel pity towards the man. Should he let him die? Should he save him?

Little did he know, all those confusion and feelings are readable like a children’s book in his eyes. Shigaraki Tomura then spoke, “DON’T YOU DARE FEEL PITY ON ME!”

“JUST KILL ME AND SEND ME TO HELL ALREADY!” He said- or if Katsuki is right, it’s a cry.

“Aren’t we in hell already?” Katsuki scoffed. For some reason, he can see his old self in the guy.

He’s childish, self-centered, stupid, pretentious little fuck. He has a great wall of pride, higher than the sky. Just like himself.

He had decided.

He ran towards the guy and climbed up the vines.

He used the dagger he got which is the weapon of some human guy he knocked out earlier. “What the hell are you thinking?! Do you want to die, huh?!”

“Don’t worry, I’m not pitying you” was all Katsuki said as he used the sharp weapon to free the guy. The ash-blonde landed on his feet while the guy fell straight to the ground.

“You bastard-!” Shigaraki yelled, he picked up an axe from another human, stomping its hand in the process. “Don’t fuck with me!” He shouted as he ran and swung the axe towards the ash-blonde.

Katsuki wasn’t expecting an attack to the person he just saved, he had his guard down- when he turned towards the guy, and the first thought that came into his mind was about how stupid he is. He used his arms and crossed it to shield his face, but of course- it’s not enough- he know that he can’t dodge a stupid axe flying to him.

“What an ungrateful ass” Katsuki muttered in his breath. Still, he concluded that it was his fault, for bringing his guard down.

Blood.. Scattered, no- splattered.. Katsuki’s eyes completely shut and body tensed. As expected, thick liquid splattered to his arms and face. It splashed, it smells like an iron.

Katsuki’s body was trembling. His fear overwhelming but he tried his best to keep his cool even though he thought he’s about to die. Just as what he did before, he had to accept reality. Damn, he shouldn’t escape from reality until his death door open. He tried to calm himself down, he tried to relax his body but the trembling just won’t stop.

Slowly, he opened his eyes. He saw red. Fucking red everywhere.

Wait- he doesn’t feel pain.. He doesn’t know if his body just became numb or something.

What the- the blood isn’t his..

“I never thought I’d kill someone, Kacchan..” A voice said, letting out a really nervous chuckle.

That’s when everything sank in. It was Deku’s voice.. But he’s from afar- then whose blood is this? He lowered his arms that blocks his vision to see the greenette. But after that- a body infront of him fell down the ground unconscious- no, dead.

The person he thought he saved that almost killed him, Shigaraki Tomura, is dead.
Across that, his eyes trailed towards the greenette.