25: First and Last

Shigaraki Tomura ~

I am the first victim, or rather- I was the one who brought the disease to the village..

It was when I wandered off in a town that I never knew was there. It was a deserted small town.
No kids running around, no elders sitting outside, no drunkards in every dark alley. It was like I was in a whole different world.
There, the sun was scorching hot, the ground is either cracked or just sand because of dryness. No farms, the trees and plants are withered or dead and the houses made of wood started to fall into ruins.

But I felt comfortable there.. It was peaceful.. So I stayed there..

Even though the sun's scorching, I don't feel hot. Even though there's no people there, I don't feel lonely. Even though there's no much water, I never feel so thirsty.

Little did I know that the village used to be lively like any other villages, but they were wiped out because of an epidemic, plague. I had caught the contagious disease that I didn't know I even had.

Worse, I went back to my home village and infected them all.

My loved ones..

The only people I cherished.. I didn't even know that I'd cry to my most hated neighbor's death.. He had always teased me and made fun of me..

It's all my fault..
This is entirely my fault.. Being the only one capable to run to towns and towns, I asked for help.

I asked for help but no one reached out their hand for aid, they didn't even bother making eye contact with me. It's as if I was not even there, like- I never existed.

I felt so pathetic..

I felt so miserable..

I'm the worst..

Light..

Hope..

I found them in one person.. He held out his umbrella over me during a strong pourdown. He called himself "All for one", I idolized him.

He cured my disease..

I've never been so grateful.. I told him about my village, about my folks suffering with the same disease and he gladly offered his helped.

I started calling him 'Master'.

But I was too late..
Just like that deserted town. Everyone in my village was wiped out.
I lost all hope.

Again.

I should at least save one person..
Then I heard someone cough, it was my mom.

She looked so pale and skinny, coughing out blood. Even though Master told me not to- I carried my mom to somewhere, anywhere but far from my village.

But, she still died..

I saved no one..

I am the first victim and also the only survivor..

~

Katsuki wiped his tears off that he didn't even realize had roll down. He looked towards Izuku, trying to continue the story, but in a stuttering mess right now.

"He's was.. a good guy.. but I.. killed him" Izuku said between hiccups. Katsuki reached for the other boy's head, placed it near his chest.

"Listen here, Deku.. Can you hear it? It's my fucking heartbeat, it's beating which means I'm alive, and that's what's important, you understand? I don't want to explain any further, dammit."

"Wait- for some reason, listening to your heartbeat reassures me.." Izuku took Katsuki's hand and held it out to his own chest.

"My heart is also beating fast and it's like- they're racing.."

"It just meant we're alive, you shitty Deku. You're supposed to be a nerd, aren't you?" The ash-blonde said, hiding the fact that he's tomato red right now.

"Yeah, you're right.." Izuku chuckled.

"Then what happened to your mom? You mentioned she was sick, and you moved houses, right? I'm so fucking confused now" Katsuki questioned.

The grenette took a deep breathe first before he explained, unsure where to start.

(ʘᴗʘ✿)

Hello, lovelies
So this is an author's note, obviously...

I've been planning out this plot and ending for years now.

I know the Pandemic is really shitting us all- and I don't mean to rub more salt into our wounds by mentioning Epidemic in this story.

I hope you guys are doing fine T^T

btw- I decided to remove the lame-ass binary that I used as line breaker T^T

If you liked the chapter, you can vote too y'know? Also- I love reading your comments :')