26: Reminscing..

The grenette took a deep breathe first before he explained, unsure where to start.

~

We moved to another village..

In that village lived my relatives, descendants that I never knew I had. My grandmas and grandpas, my aunties and uncles, my cousins and a lot more. There are also families there that aren’t related to us but everyone still welcomed them. Why not, right?

It was a nice and peaceful village. It was lively and the air was fresh.

I loved going to the forest where I met a weird person. No- he’s not weird, just his fashion. He always wear those expensive-looking outfits, and- his eyes and hair. It has different color.

His hair is divided to two colors; red and white. His eyes; light blue and black.
The boy introduced himself as ‘Shoto’, just Shoto.

We became close friends, and we often meet up in the forest. It’s like our playground.

Months, then years had passed, our daily meet up continued. We talked about ourselves, no- he never talked about himself.

One day, the boy suddenly didn’t show up. Still- I waited every day, and it turned into a week.
After a long time, I met him once again. But he had a scar on his face now, and there are guards behind him.

He told me that he can’t meet up with him anymore so I shouldn’t wait for him, and he introduced himself once again, this time- as the prince; ‘Shoto Todoroki’

I was sad, of course.

But I listened to what he said, I have to respect what his decisions are, not because he’s the prince; but because he’s my friend.

Shoto was surprised when I addressed him as my friend. I learned that I was his very first friend.

After that day, I didn’t wait for him but I still visit our empty playground, with only trees. I wasn’t sad though. It was calming there.

Suddenly, the contagious plague spread to my village.

But unlike in others’ situations, I had a family, they’re skillful mages.
The saved ‘almost’ everyone. Unfortunately, some infected who had weak immune system didn’t make it.

However, it’s not yet happily ever after. My mom was infected. The skillful mages were also infected.

My family was infected.
They tried their best to heal themselves but it’s harder than healing others.

“I-Izuku..” My mom called out. I held her hand tightly, “What is it, mom?”

“E-Escape..”

“L-Live on your own”

It took a while before the things my mom said sank in my head. Suddenly, my eyes started to water. It’s like my mom just told me to give up on her.

“I-I d-don’t w-want to! I-I c-can’t, m-mom!” I was in a stuttering mess. I didn’t know what to do.

First, I had to stay away from them so I won’t get infected. I endured my loneliness. And now, she’s telling me to escape and live on my own? Leave them here?

No way! It’s not just I don’t want to- I can’t!

If only I wasn’t a coward-