Chapter 1

The wind blows softly against my neck as I scroll on my phone , waiting for the person that had asked me to meet up with her. " Y/N ! " I look up from my phone and saw the person jogging towards me with a smile on her face. I place my phone in my pocket and stand up with my hands in my pocket , waiting for her to arrive to me. On every other usual day , I would've been behind the counters of the small cafe I work at but today is an exception.

" happy birthday ! " she chuckles lightly after saying those words , making me roll my eyes and hit her arms. " why thank you but can you stop calling me that ? It pisses me off more each day " I wasn't actually pissed about her calling me , " stupid " , but it was that she reminded me on what day today was. I never liked my own birthday since the day I got signs about my soulmate showed up.

« - »

" yo Y/N ! " Y/N turned towards the voice as she recognizes it very well. " happy birthday ! " the older girl ruffled her hair while giggling , not entirely believing that her friend is now a grown up. Y/N groans , shoving her hands away and proceeds to hit her shoulder lightly. " thanks but you really didn't have to ruin my hair like that " she snickers at the older and put her hands up towards her hair to fix it. " you seriously need to stop hitting me , I feel bad for my soulmate now " the older's words made Y/N roll her eyes.

" Areum , you do realize that our soulmate will only grow flowers if they get hit too hard " she exclaims while emphasising the word , " if " , as chuckles escapes her mouth while looking at the older girl. " but still , stop hitting me " Areum pouted and the younger just laughed at her.

" I'm not keeping any promises then " Areum rolled her eyes at Y/N. " wanna get ice cream- woah , that's fast ? " y/n looked at Areum while tilting her head. " what's fast ? "

" your soulmate. Might wanna get rid of the flower on your right eye now if you don't want to get embarrassed " Areum pointed at Y/N's right eye and her hands immidiately reach towards it. " already ? " Y/N squints an eye at the flower in her hand but felt like another one growing and removed the flower immediately.

" guess his a fighter " Areum shrugged her shoulders , putting her hand in her hoodie pocket and walked ahead. " I already hate him ... " Y/N muttered under her breath before catching up with Areum.

« - »

" I'm older than you young lady " she glares at me and I just shrug my shoulders. Sometimes I forgot our one year age gap because of how she behaves around me , making it look like I'm the one older here while she does some childish things but that will never hide the fact that she acts like a mother more than I do.

" yeah whatever Areum " I ignore the glare she is giving me and shoots another question at her. " why did you want to meet me anyways ? I could've binge watch some dramas that I had been wanting to you know " she then squints her eyes at me , wrapping her fingers around my wrist.

" to celebrate you birthday of course " she then drags me behind her and I roll my eyes but still followed behind her even if I just want to ditch her here. " why though ? You know I don't like celebrating my birthdays lately " I mumble under my breath. Seconds after the words escape my lips , I felt a flower growing at the corner of my eye and I quickly remove it with my free hand while muttering some curse word.

Areum sighs and stop her tracks while looking at me. " just because your soulmate keeps making you grow flowers , doesn't mean that you can't enjoy your own birthday today " I roll my eyes at her and release myself from her grip. " he never stops fighting Areum. I've been having flowers growing every second now since my 18th birthday " I felt another flower growing on my left cheek. I groan and remove it.