Chapter 35

Family is an understandable word to say when you are with people who you love and care deeply. Blood related or not , the people who you seek comfort , the people who are always there with you through ups and downs and surprisingly , a stranger might be someone who you would call family in the end.

Time flew , really fast. Jiwoo and Haeyeon clicked with the squad real quick and it wasn't just because they were Jeongin's and Hyunjin's soulmate but also because of their behaviour , they just fit in our crackhead behaviour.

Now Chan oppa and Areum unnie have 16 children to look after. Wait , I forgot to add the other 4.

There were many hardships that our group of friends went through. From the day I met Minho , where I hate him to his guts until it changed and here we are , together as one big family on this beautiful night. Having our regular hang out at Jiwoo's house since she has a huge backyard. I stand a bit far the others , watching them joke around with each other.

A small smile made its way on my face as I remember how I only had Areum unnie by my side with me but now , I have them. The cold breeze hits my warm skin since it's near to December now. I wrap myself some more with the jacket that I'm wearing. The scent of lavender fills in my nostrils. The jacket belongs to Minho and that guy uses Febreze instead of a regular cologne.

At least he changed the scent instead of using that other one.

I perk my head , eyes roaming around to observe the stars above. They were shining brightly tonight rather than normal nights. My eyes wandered everywhere , watching all of the stars while admiring each and one of them only to land on a particular star. Might as well say two.

" one day you'll look up at the sky and if you see two shining stars that means we're proud of you "

" hi mom , hi dad " I mumbled and let out a relief sigh. Tears made it way to my eyes , getting ready to slip out and roll down my cheeks. They weren't sad tears for sure but happy ones. My parents are proud and that was all what I aimed for. My parents hope were crushed a long time ago , ever since they knew that Chaemin got into a gang.

" AND I'M HERE ! " speaking of the devil. Haknyeon , Jisoo , Chaemin and Changmin got along with all of us. Despite Minho still not liking Changmin , he tries to be nice to the guy. Sometimes I ditch this crackhead group and go to my other one. I miss hanging out with my old friends but things are different now and we part ways. Chaemin however , got along with the group very well to the point where he and Changbin are like besties.

That poor boy needs a friend his age anyways.

I look over them and Chaemin made eye contact with me. I smile and gave him a little wave. Jisoo was standing next to him , his arms around her shoulders as she speaks to Minyeon. Chaemin pulls her closer and I saw him whispering something in her ear. She then turns towards me , giving me a little wave along with her bright smile.

She looks up to Chaemin and give him a nod before releasing herself from his hold and went to help the others with the meat.

I didn't mention about a little BBQ party. That's why my twin brother is here.

I watch Chaemin as he walks closer to me , a big grin on his face. The closer he gets , he opens his arms and signalling me that he wants a hug. I roll my eyes jokingly and look up at the two stars again. The air was getting colder so I put my hands together , rubbing them to get a little warmer. " was a hug really that hard Kim y/n ? " Chaemin puts his arms around my shoulders and look at me with a pout.

I look at him and raise an eyebrow. While putting my hands in Minho's jacket , I made a face that is as innocent as a little baby just to get on Chaemin's nerve. " oh , you asked for one ? " Chaemin widen his eyes. A disbelief look was on his entire face and I prevented myself from laughing out loud. He then squints his eyes at me , examining my face while I try hard not to laugh at his face.