5. Jayci's birthday

And finally, it was Monday. I stood up carefully from the bed so that I wouldn't wake Jayci up. I turned on the heater then brushed my teeth. I prepared breakfast then I took my bath. I didn't wake my sister up because we didn't have anything to do today except going to the cloth store as I promised. Coming Wednesday is Jaycinel's birthday. I planned to surprise her with her favorite kind of gown. She always admired ballet gowns. She always wished she had one. I ordered one online for her with pretty hand gloves. Even if we weren't throwing a party for her sixth birthday, I promised to bake a chocolate cake for her. Even if I hosted a party for her, who would come?? I always want to see Jayci happy.

When it was past 9am, Jaycinel woke up. She did her usual morning ritual
Once it was eleven, we walked down to the cloth store down the street. I decided not to drive because it wasn't far from our house. When we got there, we met the same woman who told me she needed a sales assistant.

"Hi, ma'am." I greeted

"Hi, kid. How can I help you??" She asked me.

I assume she doesn't remember me so I ntroduce myself.

"I'm the girl you told you needed a sales assistant. I came to apply."

"Oh no! Haven't you heard?"

"Not really? Heard what?" I asked.
Jaycinel and I still stood at the door.

"I might get arrested. I'm sorry I can't accept you, uh nevermind. Look, I'm sorry." She said.

I still looked confused.

"You might get to know some other time, I'm really sorry. Have this and go please." Then she gave me a $100 bill.

"I don't really understand ma'am but I'm grateful. Thanks." I said and took it. She smiled at me. I smiled too. I held jayci then we left.

I don't really understand what just happened. Anyway...

******
Tuesday...

Repeating activities as usual. You'd say my life is boring. Thanks to you. But you said you wanted to meet me.

Today, I braided jayci's hair. She was very excited about her 6th birthday.

"Daisy, I wish mommy will be here for my birthday."

"Me too but you have to accept she's not here."

"Can't we call her?"

"My treasure, we don't have her new number." I told her.

"Treasure..." she giggled.

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"Yeah, a lot." She smiled.

"Okay, I'll write it on your chocolate cake."

We baked a chocolate cake for her birthday.

(Pics above)

After icing, jayci was tired so I ran her shower then took her to bed.

*******
Time check : 5am
wednesday, April 3rd 2019.

It's jaycinel's birthday today.
I held the door bell ring. Too early.
I got up carefully not waking jayci up. I went to the door. It was the cloth delivery lady. No, not that lady in the cloth store but this one came to deliver jayci's ballet dress and hand gloves. I already paid online.
I collected the package from her.

"Thanks." I told her.

"Is that package for you?" She pointed at a wrapped carton outside.

"I'm not sure." I said but still went ahead to check it, because it was in front of my house. I opened it. I saw a pack of balloons then a gift card that read

'Happy birthday, Jaycinel. Grow and flourish like a palm tree. '

'Awwn, that's so sweet.' I said.

The delivery lady was already gone before I got up.

I don't know who must have done this. I never found out.

I picked them up and went inside. I brushed and bath very quickly and carefully too. Today, I thanked God that Jaycinel wasn't a morning person, she doesn't wake up very early. I designed the living room with the balloons and fancy letters that read 'Happy birthday, my treasure'. I placed her birthday cake on the table.

Yesterday, I secretly made a 30 minutes reservation in the general photo studio for Jayci. I also downloaded her favorite ballet songs so that I can make some videos of her as ballerina. Those were the little things that made jayci happy.

The second delivery lady came. She brought a big blue teddy bear and black necklace that I also ordered. I used my savings to do all this for Jaycinel and I'm as good as broke now. I'm grateful that lady at the cloth store gave us some money but I haven't used it yet.

When it was seven, I woke Jayci up. I pretended I had forgotten her birthday and she didn't even ask.

"Brush your teeth quickly." I told her. After brushing and bathing, I asked her to remain in her under wears.

"Why?" She asked.

I led her to the living room.

"Surprise! Happy birthday my treasure." I held the new gown in my hand.

"Wow, is this a dream, is that my favorite ballet gown?" She ran and grabbed it from me. She placed a lot of kisses on the gown.

"Daisy, a lot of balloons too. Wow."
I quickly held out the teddy.

"Happy birthday Jaycinel, how would you like this gift?" She took it from me.

"I love you, Daisy." She cried out in excitement.

"I love you too."

I helped her to put the gown on, the gloves and the necklace too then we went to the photo studio. She took a lot of pics and I made a lot of video with her. Even though she looked more like a little flower girl, she claimed to be ballerina. Jaycinel was very happy and so was I.

(Jaycinel's pics will be used as next chapters side cover please, I'm having troubles posting it here).

I also took her to a Chinese restaurant then we went home. When we got home, we saw another gift card.

'Happy birthday Jaycinel. From your classmate, Aby.' sweet.

At last, mom called to say happy birthday to Jaycinel. She had been waiting for that call since forever.

"Hope you had the best birthday?" Mom asked.

"Yes, I did. When are you coming back, mom?" Jayci asked

"Soon." She told her.

"Really?" Jayci asked her.

"Yeah."

Look how she gave us a false hope.

I explained to her how we were running out of cash. She told me she wasn't working anymore and the money her husband gives her is only enough for her care. She apologized and suggested that I could babysit.
Really? Despite the fact that I don't like to babysit, how come she has forgotten so soon how we are treated here and how no mom wants a black girl to babysit their child.

Finally she hung up. Nice hearing from her again. At least, she's alive.

"I had the best birthday, Daisy. Thank you and I love you." Jaycinel said to me before she slept.

"I love you too." I kissed her good night.
____________________________________
Hey y'all.
You are permitted to expect something big in the next chapter.
Press that star 🌟 and comment.
Tell me, when is your birthday and how do you imagine a perfect birthday?
Reminder: Jaycinel's pics is next chapters side cover.