🌻16. The little girl

Please read the author's note down there. It's important.

*Jade's p.o.v*

"Daisy." I called quietly as I woke up. I got no response. I stood up from my mat then rubbed my eyes with my hands.
I look around and found neither Daisy nor Emily. I go outside and they weren't there either.
At first, I was so worried that Daisy had to go out but I conclude that she might have gone towards the lake and Emily had gone home.
Convinced with my flimsy assumption, I go back inside and decided to lie down a little again. I know it'd definitely result to another round of sleep. I laid there but I was so uncomfortable so I just stand up, fold the mat and reach for my phone. I saw a white folded paper lying under my phone.
I took it in my hands and was hesitant to open it.
If she went to the lake, she wouldn't leave a message. Nevertheless, I opened it. It reads..
Mily thought it'd be better to show us the Blaine house before the target. Since you are being a pregnant girl right now, I'm going alone with her.
I sigh and rolled my eyes as if she was here. Is it only pregnant girls that sleep at noon? I don't even sleep up to six times in a day and she's saying I'm being a pregnant girl.
I squeeze the paper having digested the message. I grab my phone and settle outside for fresh breeze when I hear the sound of the motorcycle.
The motorcycle came to a halt at the side of the house and Daisy comes down with a little girl.
'The governor's daughter.' that's the only thing that comes to my mind as they come towards me.
But she didn't say she's coming with the child. Did she? Was I too sleepy to read that or have I forgotten how to read too?

"Cat got your tongue?" The little girl's voice brought me out of my thought.

"Much rude, baby girl." I say and turn to Daisy.

"Where's ..." I try to ask of Emily but Daisy quickly interrupts me.

"Hey Dave, this is Tessa." She says.
Wow, she remembers my name is Davis. I begin to blush. Have you seen a blushing boy?

"Um, hi Tessa." I say

"Mary, Is he your brother?" She asked Daisy.

"Yes, can I show you around now?" She asked.

"Hi Dave." Tessa smiles at me. "Let's go around, Mary." She tells Daisy and they walk away.

She so happy, does she know she has been kidnapped? And wait!!!

Mary? Did Daisy just make this name up or I've been a victim of amnesia for so long and it's eating me up slowly everyday and I don't even remember all of Daisy's name? No, she must have made it up. Her middle name was Ava right.'
I should stop acting like a six year old. I sit down and I watch Daisy show the little girl flowers, butterflies and trees. She mouths a lot of wows and ask questions too.
I watch the until they were out of my sight then I go back inside.

*******
"Go inside, Tessa." Daisy says then drags me outside.
She and Tessa just finished their sightseeing and I was almost drifting to sleep.
"Why is there a house in a garden?" She questions.

"We stay there anytime we come to the garden." Daisy responded.

"Are we going back soon?"

"Oh yeah. I just wanna talk to my Dave here." She says shoving Tessa inside.

Daisy drags me far away from the house.

"Easy Daisy." I say.

"Why are there so many bags? And, you cook here too?"
Daisy and I looked back and see the girl standing in front of the cottage with a questionable look on her face.

"We stay for days." Daisy shouts to her.

"Why are you guys going too far?" She asked again.

Oh my God! I know I said I liked children but I've never met some kid that notices everything and ask a lot of questions. Daisy seems to be so patient and answers everything but I beat her to it.