🌻38. Don't make me choose

"This dress is too short." I told Mary. She dropped the dress and picked another one.

    "How about this one?" She asked.

"I don't like that one, it's too open." I whined.

   "Mary this is the fifteenth dress you're rejecting." Mary whined.

     "They're either too clingy, tight, short or open. I don't like this boutique."

    "I need to rest." Mary said as she took a seat.

    It's October. Jade's Grandma has gone back. Tessa's is back to her mom. Jade and I are going on a date. Mary escorted me to a fashion store to get a dress. I told her it isn't necessary but she wouldn't agree. She insisted she would follow me. She's nine months gone already. The baby girl is due on February 14th.

    "Hey, do you like this dress?" One of the workers in the shop asked. She held a shiny gold gown. I flashed her a smile and I shook my head.

   I looked around. I was almost giving up when I noticed a black flea dress. It had pink flowers on it. It was hanged high up. I couldn't take it down.

    "Please, can you help me take that dress down?" I asked the girl.

     Though she was taller than me, she still had to climb on a chair to take the dress down.

   "Wow." I mouthed. It looks more beautiful when it's closer.

    "Isn't this one beautiful?" I asked Mary.

    "Yes, it is." She smiled.

I went inside the changing room and I put it on. Mary nodded when she saw the dress on me.

   "It's perfect." She said. "Jade would like this." She smiled.

    I took it off, they packaged it, we paid for it and left.

***

  "Hey baby." Jade hugged me as soon as we got back.

After dress shopping, we went grocery shopping. Fatigue is the word, you can use to describe her Mary looked.

     "Hey Mom." He greeted Mary.

"Hey Jade. I'm so tired. Imma use the shower and take a nap right now. Where's your dad?"

    "He's at mister Joshua's." He said.

      "And Jaycinel?"

  "I sang her to sleep. She was hungry."

     "You forced her to sleep when she's hungry?" I asked Jade in disbelief.

     "I can't cook, you know." Jade pouted.

   "You've got to learn." Mary said her final words before heading inside.

    "You sure you gonna make a good daddy?" I teased him.

  He frowned, "You know I'm gonna make a good daddy." He blocked my way.

    "I don't know any of that, let me pass."

   He sniffled, "I'm gonna show you that I'm gonna make a good daddy."

   "How you gonna do that? Let me pass please."

   He fake cried, "She said I wouldn't be a good daddy." He said in between sobs.

   "Awwwn baby boy." I teased.

He grabbed me and starts to tinkle me.

   "Jade please," I said in between laughs. "I need to," I laughed more. "I need to cook." I laughed harder.