🌻35. I missed you

"You are a genius, Jade. You saved me from that man." I said to Jade as we strolled from were we parked the car to 'the main hospital.'

"No, Daisy, you're the genius. You managed to talk your way into the Blaine house." Jade said as he took my hand in his.

"No, you are." I argued.

"You really are." He said too.

"Come to think of it Jade, it's neither of us. I don't feel like a hero since President Grey already knew about it. We were of little or no help." I said sincerely.

"That's not true but I'd pass on that." He said.

"I don't know how to feel about meeting my sister after five months." I said as we walked into the building.

Jade turned to face me, making me to halt.

"Calm down Daisy." He said as he looked into my eyes. "Hug her, kiss her, hold her, laugh or cry but don't fail to express your feelings." He said.

"Thanks Jade." I muttered before we continued walking.

We walked into the reception ward but it was congested. Different families were there to take their kids. Some mothers had tears in their eyes. Jade and I decided to find a seat outside. It was still few minutes to eleven.

I checked my wrist watch occasionally and so did many parents. Very soon, it was announced from the speakers that we could go take the kids from the children's ward.

"Calm down Daisy." Jade told me as soon as we arrived the children's ward.

I nodded. There was a queue of parents in front of the children ward already. Jade and I joined the line and we waited patiently. Some parents entered inside and came out with their kids. Most of them had more than one kids. I smiled as they exchanged 'I missed you.'

When it was our turn..

"Good day ma'am." I greeted the nurse that stood outside the ward.

"Good day, what a beautiful couple!!" She said referring to Jade and I. I only smiled.

"Male or female?" She asked.

"Female." I answered.

"Can she talk?"

"Yes, why?"

"We had to ask these kids their names so that we can get their data base. Some of the kids couldn't talk so we placed those ones in ward E."

"She can talk." I said.

The woman gave me four papers and asked me to search through for Jayci's name. I gave Jade two of the papers to help me search through.

"Found it." He said.

"Which ward?"

"Jaycinel Anderson, ward C. Bed number 7." He said.

We handed the papers over to the nurse then directed us to ward C.

As we entered ward C, adrenaline rushed through me. I didn't know how to feel. I stood at one spot as I waited for Jade to locate bed 7. He took me by my hand and led me as soon as he found bed 7.

"Jaycinel." I called as soon as I saw her.

She sat on the bed looking around her. She had a paper bag in her hand.

She jumped down from the bed immediately she saw me and started to walk to me. I freed myself from Jade and ran towards her. I engulfed her in a big hug and finally, I took Jade's advice. I cried.