9. settle in I

I thought I was a morning person until Jade woke me up at 4:30 and told me they were ready to leave.

"Okay, bye." I said sleepily.

"Sleepy head, did you forget that you are in the car or do you wanna come with us?" Jade joked.

I quickly jumped and shook my head No.

"Don't forget to lock my door." I said to Jade, still sleepy, as i gave him my keys.

I took out my sweater and wore it then spread the blanket on the ground close to one of the trees and laid there as they zoomed off. I slept for another two hours.

'Jade should be here by 7:30' I thought to myself when I awoke fully.

I didn't collect my tooth brush from the car, I don't usually have good morning breath. Thank Jesus, I was alone. I said my prayer then I decided to go through my Instagram and follow Emily as I promised. I don't usually use my social media accounts often because I don't have a lot of followers or friends. I searched for Emily Samuel and her profile popped up. I saw a blue mark that shows she was popular.

Wow.

She had 1.1m followers but she was still begging me to follow her as if her life depended on it. I followed her. Her featured pics was really cute. She had a black turtle neck, body fitted long gown on. It brought out her hips and curves but it wasn't revealing. She wore black flat shoes and had her hair in a ponytail. She stood close to a water fountain. She was real cute. I liked the picture and logged out. I laid down again but this time to think.
I always thought about mysterious things.

What if they have killed all the black kids already? I jumped at that thought.

I really wanted to know if I was ready for this mission like, if they released only Jaycinel, would I still go ahead to save the rest kids? I questioned my self and I decided, yes I will.

I screamed when a bug rested on my hair. I hated bugs. I jumped and it fell off, it was just a fly not a bug.

Sometimes, I act very weird like I'm tormented by a ghost. This place was not comfortable. I stood up to look at the different trees and flowers around. They were beautiful. I wondered why they were this hidden. If I have Jaycinel back, I would bring her here one day. Little butterflies perched on the flowers. Some of the trees were very tall while some were dwarfs, all the same, nature is beautiful. I kept going from one tree or flower to the other until I found something that surprised me. I saw a small lake with clean water, I never imagined that a lake would be here. I cut a branch of a small tree to check how deep the lake was. I dipped the branch inside and it didn't touch the bottom, it was a little bit deep. I decided to go back to where I laid my blanket praying I haven't lost my way. I saw it finally, thanks to Jesus.

You might wonder why I often thank Jesus or say little prayers and here's an answer to your wonder. I'm a Catholic. A devoted one. When Dad was alive, he used to take me to church and read the Bible to me. When he died, Jaycinel could barely sit so when she grew older, I taught her as dad taught me. I didn't realize how much time I spent looking at trees. The time was almost eight, I began to wonder why jade hasn't come yet.

******
I was reading a story on Wattpad with my phone because I was so bored, it looked like Jade was never going to come back but he did. Once he parked the car, I walked over to him.

He opened the door and alighted.
"I thought you'll abandon me here. It took you forever, what did you bring?" I asked.

"Look here..." He said opening the trunk.

"You brought my whole house in the car." My mouth flew open.

"That's not all." Jade said as he opened the back seat, they were sure lot of stuffs there.

I saw a big black bag in the trunk, I wouldn't know the content. He brought the camp gas cooker, a carton of Noddles, a carton of pasta, box of milk, crunchy bread and lots of food.

"They'd have gotten spoilt or expired if I didn't bring them, do you know how long we would stay here?"

Then I realized that it was childish for me to think that a box of cheese and biscuit would keep us for how long, I don't know.

He came with the bug repellent, a white curtain, two mats that weren't from my house, and another blanket. I was so grateful he brought my laptop. If I name all what jade brought, I might have a mouth ache from too much talking.

I grabbed my tooth brush from my backpack when I remembered i didn't come with paste.

"Shit!" I cursed.

"What?" Jade said as he took out the bug repellent.

"I didn't come with tooth paste." I told him.

He opened the black big duffel bag in the trunk and took out the paste. He handed it over to me.

"You should be glad that I put your whole house in the car." He joked.
I pinched him on his cheek.

"Aaah Daisy, you never change." He groaned.

I was getting curious to know the content of the duffel bag.

"How did you find your way around my house?" I asked him as I handed the paste to him to put on his brush.

"I have good memories izzy, In sophomore grade, I used to visit you all the time and we played around the house."

"Don't give credits to your memory Jady, my house is small, you can find anywhere easily." I joked.

Jady for jade and Izzy for Daisy, that's what we called our self those days when we teased each other and when we comforted each other.

"Now, there's no water to brush, I'm not sure we will survive a week in this place." Jade murmured.

He took out two empty cups from the mysterious black bag. What da hell. Maybe he put the whole earth in the bag. I chuckled silently at his packing. Who would put cups in a bag like that.
"You wait here." I said and dragged the two cups from his hand and headed for my newly found secret lake of clean sparkling water.

"Daisy." He called out to me as I left, I only turned back to see that he had made good use of my blanket on the ground. He sat comfortably I guessed, I smiled and went ahead to fetch the water for us.
...