Ch.8-Cherubim

(Pic is Bronwyn)

Angie's p.o.v

After Ava was able to get into contact with her source and even talk to Archie on the phone, she informed me that the spectators liked the way Red fought and decided to keep him around for a while longer. With that weight off my shoulders for the moment, I decided to spend the past week searching for a new Cherubim, and have yet to deem one of the newbies worthy. Sure, they were all great girls and some of them were even going to be messengers, but none of them had what I was looking for in my Cherubim. Michaela always told me that she knew I was it for her the moment she saw me. She'd say 'When your eyes flickered with a fire that couldn't be tamed I knew it was you, my little flame.'

I'm not the kind of person who believes in destiny, but I do believe that there's a perfect someone meant for this spot. And I couldn't seem to find them. I released a big breath and dropped my head in my hands. My school work sat to the side waiting to be done, but I didn't want to do it right now, my mind wasn't there so I wouldn't do anything properly.

It was moments like these that I just wanted to feel the freedom of my bike again. I was still in the beginning of my second trimester... Without a second thought I grabbed my keys and walked towards my motorcycle. Sweet pea wouldn't be happy if he found out about this, but when I mounted the bike and began speeding down the road the freedom it gave me made all other thoughts disappear.

I drove around for over an hour before deciding I should head back to the house. When I got back I went to my office and found it much easier to focus on work. By the time I finished my brain was exhausted and I knew that that was all the hard thinking I'd be doing for today.

I walked around the house munching on an apple while I walked before checking the clock and deciding to head to the gym. I changed and hesitated between bringing the car or my bike. I realized if Sweet pea got back before me and saw my bike missing he'd flip out so I figured the car was a better choice.

The gym was fairly empty, a few people scattered around training and working out. My mind wandered to all the fun times Adam and I had had here. I tried to hate the guy, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He was my friend, and as betrayed as I felt, I couldn't hold a grudge against the dead. I was taken from my thoughts when I heard a loud grunt and realized there were people sparring on one of the mats.

I walked over and began to watch as a red headed girl and some guy circled each other trying to figure out what their next move would be. In a flash of red the girl dove at the guy and tackled him to the ground. Before he could even react she'd wrapped her legs around his neck and flipped him so he was in a choke hold. The guy struggled against her before finally giving up and tapping the outside of her thigh.

The girl gave him a sly smirk before yanking him closer.

"That oughta teach you not to touch a girl without her permission, and if you ever touch me or any other girl inappropriately again I won't hesitate to whip your ass again except I won't be so forgiving. We clear?" The man nodded as vigorously as he could in his current position before she let him go with a scowl.

I continued to look at the fiery redhead when she turned to me. Her eyes bore into mine with such intensity I couldn't break the gaze. She gave me a slight nod in greeting before walking over to her bag. I didn't know what I was doing, but apparently my feet did since they began carrying me towards her.

Once I had stopped just behind her I cleared my throat.

"Hi. I'm, uh, I'm Akira but most people don't call me that. That's besides the point, I don't even really know why I'm over here so I'm just gonna... go." With that I started walking away before hearing a small laugh come from behind me. Her hand found my shoulder and she turned me around to smile at me.