Chapter 14💔

I was heading home with a best friend of mines but someone stopped me before I even left the school gate, "Can I have a word with you y/n?" It was the boy I had a crush on since high school freshman year.

I agreed and parted ways with my best friend and we walked to a nearby park, "So what did you want to talk about-"

"Y/n, I know we haven't really talked much since freshman year... but I always had a crush on you... I was wondering, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks with such a nervous tone I was stunned from the sudden question, I thought I'd never get asked by him.

"I know it's really sudden and we don't know much about each other but being together will give us the chance to get even closer." He says so smoothly as if he rehearsed it many times, and I found out he did.

"Okay, I'll be your girlfriend," I say so happy I could just jump with glee.

He smiled so bright and hugged me so tight that it felt like he was squeezing the breath out of me but it was just me also being so excited for our relationship. He loosens his grip and I sit back up as we gazed at each other and he leaned in for a kiss which I happily leaned in as well, causing our first loving kiss.

He walked me home and my best friend was waiting for me at the front door of our apartment building, she looked a bit confused, I say goodbye for now to Him and walk up to her with a big grin.

"It's official, we are together!" I shout so happy to my close friend Nyxi, she also seemed very happy for me at the time.

.•°💔°•.

After 2 years of being with Him, all I could remember is nothing but happiness and love. We were always close my mother was sure he'd ask me to marry him soon, building my hopes up as well.

Suddenly once the third year hit something changed about him. He seemed a bit busier to hang out, he'd take long to reply, sometimes he wouldn't even answer my calls, and even go out of his way to make excuses to get out of things we already planned together.

"I don't know Nyxi, something's up with him lately... I just feel like we are getting more and more distant from each other." I sigh heavily through the phone with my friend as I walk to the convenient store across her apartment building, I felt the need to be comforted by my best friend so I wanted to do a surprise visit.

"Don't stress yourself, you know He loves you. Don't overthink things you always do that and it never happens the way you think it." Nyxi tries to comfort my uneasy thoughts.

"Yeah, you might be right." I say taking a sip of my energy drink I just bought, "I just might-" I stop mid-sentence when I notice He's parking his car outside of Nyxi's apartment.

I lift a brow confused by the scene. "Are you okay?" She asks probably wondering why I stop talking suddenly.

"Huh? Oh yeah, um are you home? I kind of want to talk in person." I say as I step back into the store watching Him step out of his car.

"Oh, I'm not home actually. I'm out with a friend right now." She sounds a bit bashful about it.

"Oh, why do you sound so shy suddenly? Are you out with a guy?" I tease her trying to see if she is.

"Haha, wouldn't you like to know." She giggles, "I actually am though, he's actually coming back right now so I better go." She tries to cut our conversation short.