Chapter 40📱

Hoseok's POV

"So what's his name?" I ask y/n as we lay in bed, her head resting on my arm while I play with her hair.

"Jooheon," is all she answers.

"How long have you been friends with him?"

"We've been close since middle school, and it's only been 3 years since we reconnected," She says as she swirls little circle with her index finger on my bare chest.

"Why were you staying over there anyway?" I ask wondering if we were the cause.

"Out of habit is all," she gives me a short answer.

"Was it because of us?" I stop playing with her hair and just look at her then she stops her finger and looks up to me.

"It's because of me, I didn't know what else to do and when I have a clouded mind I usually go over there out of habit."

"Why's that?" I wonder what drives her to go to his place, I wonder what he does or is to her that calms her mind because I would want to be that for her.

"I don't know..." she adjust her head, "Maybe it's because he's the only one out here I know, or should I say he's the longest person I allowed to stay in my life," she scoots closer to me.

"I don't mean it in any way that I have anything for him, I just feel like he's the only one I could trust with what's really on my mind." She tells me but I could see she tries to give me comfort while saying it so I won't feel as though she's leaving me out.

"I see..." I lift her head by her chin so she can see in my eyes how much I mean when I say, "Can I be that for you, y/n?"

"It won't happen in an instant," She responds, "But I would love that." She smiles and I lean in for a kiss.

"So have you talked to the rest yet?" I ask seeing if I'm the first or not.

"No, I haven't. I was barely getting home from Jooheon's place."

"How long have you been there?" I hold her close and play with her hair again.

"Since that night, I left early and waited for him since he gets home around 4 in the morning."

"Really? Why would you leave so late? Walking too because how would you even get there," I get upset on how she just travels so late on her own.

"Don't worry Hoseok, I'm fine. I'm right here with you aren't I?" I could sense a smile coming from her.

"Yeah, I wish we could be like this forever," I say feeling her warm soft skin against mine, "So I'm the first one you saw?" I ask.

"Yeah, you caught me first," Hearing those words makes me so happy I squeeze her.

"Agh, careful Hoseok," She warns me of my tight squeeze, "Oh sorry y/n, I just got excited,"

"But I do have to talk to them, whenever they feel ready to," She says and I feel worried that they all might want to still talk to her.

"What will happen if they feel the same? If they all want to continue something with you?" I ask curious about her thoughts, "Do you even feel ready for something yet?"

"I don't know, but I know one thing, I want to be by all your sides." She smiles up at me and I feel ecstatic about her wanting to be by my side but the whole on all our sides kind of dims my happy mood down.

I said I would accept my feelings and her decision but maybe I should meet with the guys first before they even talk to her.

I kiss her forehead and snuggle with her, then a thought occurs to me as I think about the guys. Yoongi said he knows something about her that she hasn't told anyone before. Am I close enough to her heart now that she might tell me?