Girls Night

Kara

Walking from the alleyway to Lena's building, I rubbed my hands on my jeans. As expected, Lena's loft was more of a penthouse even if it was listed otherwise, everything on this side of the city was high-end and posh - not that I didn't like it - it just had a different feel to it than the rest of our apartments.

Finally, the elevator dinged and opened to reveal one door in a short entryway. Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself, even though I had no reason to be nervous having been to Lena's loft a few times already and it was Lena. It was probably just the thought of girl's night, we always almost let the secret slip during girl's night. Knocking, I didn't have to wait long, the door swinging open to reveal Lena, dressed down in jeans and a jacket instead of her CEO suit.

"Hey, you're just on time. Sam's in the living room and I was just getting drinks. What can I get you?" Lena looked so happy to see me I automatically smiled back.

Stepping inside, I took off my coat and hung it up next to Sam's. "I'll have whatever you're having please. Thank you." Lena swung the door closed behind me, striding off to the kitchen to pour them both a glass of wine.

"You should tell her." Jumping, I hadn't heard Sam come up to me. I really needed to stop doing that.

"T-Tell her what?" Play dumb. There is no way Sam knows, she couldn't.

Sam raised an eyebrow, a knock at the door stopping her. "I'll get it Lena." She was already turning to the door to let Alex in.

"Thanks Sam." Lena's shout from the kitchen was a waste as she stepped into view a moment later, two wine glasses in hand. "Hey Alex." Lena handed me my drink. "Wine or beer tonight?" It was the only two drinks Alex had on girl's night, so I wasn't surprised she hadn't offered more.

"Wine please. Thank you, Lena." Alex gave me a quick hug, a look in her eyes making me frown. Had I missed something again? Sam still looked a little smug, keeping an eye on me as we all moved into the kitchen with Lena. Watching Lena pour another glass of wine, I realised I was staring and looked down at my glass.

"So Alex, where is Maggie this evening?" Sam took a sip of her wine.

"Maggie is on the night shift tonight, so couldn't make it. Who's got Ruby tonight?" Alex accepted the wine glass Lena handed her. With everyone now with a drink in hand, we all moved into the lounge on the other side of the room, Lena bringing another bottle of wine with her.

"Ruby is at a friend's tonight, a sleepover. It's unfortunate Maggie isn't able to join us, at least we managed to get four out of five tonight." Everyone chuckled, the last few times it has ended up being a sister night with Sam and Lena pulling late nights at L-Corp for one deal or another. Not that it bothered anyone, they all had busy lives.

"Awww and you chose to spend your night off with us." We all laughed at Lena's little joke, knowing Sam saw enough of Lena at work.

"Well the wine here is better than anywhere else I could be." That broke out another laugh just as we had calmed down. It took a few moments but as the laughter died down, so did the conversation. The calm silence that had fallen as we all sipped our drinks broken by Sam, the question aimed at three of us. "Speaking of which, I love girl's night believe me... but how is it the three of us don't have dates on our night off?" I took another sip of my drink, wishing it could actually get me drunk.

Lena smiled but it didn't reach her eyes, her gaze in fact flicked over to the kitchen. "I don't know about the two of you, but last I checked, my name was still Luthor and despite your friendship many still won't come near me. Getting a date that isn't just someone's way of pitching an idea is hard to find."