Dinner

Walking through the doors at the main villa, I followed Lena - who seemed to have a pretty good grasp of the layout here - to the large dining room. As expected, Cat Grant was already in attendance, picking at the buffet laid out on the table against the wall.

"Showtime." Lena whispered, whether she was aware I could hear her or not, I wasn't sure, but I offered the brunette a shy smile.

Making our way to the buffet, Cat smiled at the two of us, I recognizing the glint in my former boss' eyes well. As soon as Lena left us alone, I was going to be questioned.

"Cat I wish we had known when you were leaving, we could have walked with you." Lena picked up a plate and started working out her options, her lips pursing as she eyed up everything on offer.

Cat put down the spoon for the vegetables and smiled. "I thought you would like some more time alone and I had to make some calls on my way here. I may have sold Catco to you but I am still so busy that a week off completely feels impossible."

Lena went for the potstickers. "I know what you mean, getting a week off from L-Corp alone would have been impossible without Sam and James stepped up for Catco. If not I would have had to cancel."

I hadn't noticed that as Lena was talking she had stopped placing potstickers on her own plate and started placing them on mine earning a smile from Cat when I finally noticed. "Oh, thank you." Smiling at Lena, I was quick to return to the food in front of me, piling it high with so much food. I'm pretty sure from Lena's look she was wondering how it hadn't fallen to the floor already.

Together we moved over to the table, wine and water already set at intervals. "So Keira, I'm surprised you took a day off. Let alone a week." Lena frowned at Cat's name for me, turning to look between the two of us.

I swallowed the potsticker I had already started eating. "Well I wasn't working on any stories so I took the time before Snapper could give me one."

Cat sipped her wine. "I'm just surprised you managed to get a whole week off with such short notice."

Frowning, I looked up. "What are you talking about?" Lena focused on cutting her lasagne and avoided my gaze.

Cat looked between the two of us. "Well I asked Jack to let me know who I would be sharing with prior to arriving and until I got here I was told only Lena would be attending. If I'm honest with you, I got the impression that they thought you were going to cancel last minute." Catching on to what Cat was doing, I knew was fishing for anything to dig her claws into later.

I pushed my glasses up my nose. "Oh, that. I wasn't sure I would be able to come, so left it until very last minute to decide." Cat fixed me with a  gaze as she finished eating a piece of veg.

"Keira, you are dating your boss. If you wanted the week off, you were getting the week off. Meaning, Lena wasn't sure she was going to come." My jaw dropped at how frank Cat was being and I was thankful they were alone.

Lena sighed. "I don't offer special treatment just because we are together. Second, it's my ex's wedding anyone would have worries about attending."

"True. Except you, Lena Luthor, are not just anyone." In our conversation, neither of us had noticed Cat finish her glass of wine until she reached for the bottle once more off to the side on the table.

Lena refused to answer for a few moments, letting the sounds of cutlery fill the dining room. I tuned into Lena's heartbeat, letting my own fall into rhythm as I ate her meal. Meanwhile, Cat sat on the opposite side of the table observing us and more importantly me.

We ended up eating mainly in silence for the rest of their meal, Lena and I both agreeing with a  look to make a quick exit claiming a long day. Making our way back to their villa I looked up.

"What's wrong?" Lena stopped, pulling me with her with a hand on my arm.

"Nothing." Not even I believed myself and the look on Lena's face said she definitely didn't. "Fine." Looking back up at the sky, the clear sky was filled with stars. "It's so clear here. Normally I'd have to be flying to see the stars this clearly."

Lena smiled and looked up with me for a moment. "Any stars in particular you're searching for?"

Searching, I found it and pointed. "Krypton's Sun."

"Where?" Realising Lena couldn't see it, I stepped closer, my head near Lena's despite my arm between us.

"It's the bright one, just below the cluster of three... right there." The two of us were so close that I couldn't help but think of the kiss earlier. I hadn't expected the spark when our lips touched and my heart raced at the thought.

Pulling myself frommy thoughts, I focused on Lena's heartbeat, only to find it beating as fast as mine. Stepping back, I tried to focus on something else, anything else, but there was nothing. "Um, we should probably get back before it gets cold."

Lena's laugh brought a smile to my face. "We're in Hawaii Kara. I doubt it's going to get cold."

Realising my mistake, my face fell and I scratched my neck. "Right."

Rolling her eyes, Lena grabbed my hand and pulled me forward. "Come on."

The rest of their walk was silent, me berating myself for saying something stupid yet again. When it came to Lena it seemed my brain wasn't going to stop throwing out stupid lies. By the time we got to the villa Lena had dropped my hand and started for the stairs, only to stop.

"Are you not coming?" I looked up at Lena waiting and pointe to the kitchen.

"I'm just going to make myself a hot chocolate before I come up. Do you want one?"

"Please." Lena turned and continued upstairs. Waiting until I knew she was in our room I walked to the kitchen to find Cat already stood against the counter, wine glass in hand.

"Miss Grant? I thought you were still at the buffet?" Trying to act surprised, I knew the chances of her actually believing were slim. As expected Cat wasn't buying it.

"Until you heard me standing here from the stairs?" Cat smirked and I had to make myself frown.

"I don't understand?" I started filling the kettle to make the hot chocolate, knowing they had to have some here somewhere.

Cat side-eyed me. "In that case... tell me about you and Lena."

Placing the kettle to boil, I started searching for the hot chocolate powder. "There's nothing to tell."

"If that was the case, you would be looking at me right now."

Finding the hot chocolate powder, I close the cupboard and stand to look at Cat. "There is nothing to tell."

Turning to make our drinks, I notice Cat step closer to put her glass in the sink. Watching her turn and leave I almost let out a sigh of relief until she turned around again.

"Did you know you get this little crinkle on your forehead when you lie?"