Arrival

Standing in front of the plane I didn't know what to do. Lena had said we would have more time before we saw anyone, this wasn't the plan.

Lena stepped closer. "Jack, it is lovely to see you. Thank you for the invite." Smiling, I tried not to show how flustered this whole situation was making me. I didn't do very well.

Jack's fiancée had an arm wrapped in his, stopping him from making a move to welcome either of us with more than a smile and nod. She was also looking at me so intently that I shifted under the gaze and Lena's close proximity.

"Is everything okay?" Lena looked at me as the woman opposite us brought everyone's attention to me.

I pushed my glasses up my nose. "Um, yes. I-I'm okay." I tried to offer her a smile, failing in minute one to sell the relationship between me and Lena.

Lena snaked an arm around my waist, her hand resting on my hip. "She's tired. We didn't get much sleep last night so I let her sleep on the plane. I didn't think anyone would be meeting us here so she's just a little disorientated after waking up." None of them missed the obvious hint she was making about their activities the previous night.

Jack nodded at the two of them. "Well you're car is waiting for you, Beth and I just wanted to meet you and wish you both have a wonderful time this week. Please, if you need anything the hotel we will be staying at has excellent services open twenty-four/seven this week." 

Lena nodded in thanks, the four of us now just standing here awkwardly until Beth pulled on Jack's arm to get him to turn back to the car behind them. It didn't take much to figure out that she didn't like either of us, Lena especially.

Beth slid into their car first, leaving Jack looking at Lena for a moment before sliding in after her. Lena's gaze didn't move until they were out of sight, a sigh leaving her as her head fell backwards.

"That was harder than I thought it would be." Lena's arm dropped from my waist and I couldn't help but feel the lost of heat as it fell.

I turned to look at her properly. "If this is too hard we can leave. Say you got a call from L-Corp and be gone before they even reach the hotel." I was being serious, if she said the word we were gone.

She smiled at me, bringing the light back to her eyes. "I wish that was a choice, but I need to do this. I love that you would do that though." Hearing her say those words both made my heart ache and soar, for reasons I wasn't ready to admit.

I pulled her in for a hug. "If you want to leave at any point, say the word and I will have us back in National City before you know it." Letting her go, the smile on her face was small but it was there.

At the sound of a door opening, we jumped apart as I noticed just how close we still were. "Are-Are you ready to go?" I smiled at Lena, gesturing to the open car door and waiting driver not too far away.

"As ready as I will ever be." With that, Lena stepped past me to the car, sliding in and waiting for me to join her. Standing there, I took a breath, calming my beating heart that was so loud I was surprised Lena couldn't hear it from the car.

Joining Lena in the car the ride to the hotel was silent, both of us enjoying the comfortable silence and the passing views. The longer we drove the less buildings I saw, leaving us driving up a long road to a gate.

"Where are we going?" I pulled my glasses down and tried to x-ray through the gates to see our destination and it was just a large villa.

Lena looked at the gates. "He's rented out the whole place. Impressive. It's a hotel that has the main house and then many smaller villas dotted around for privacy, and he has bought out the entire place. This is either going to be better for us or worse, depends on whether we are in the main house or not." Nodding along, I pulled my glasses up and turned to see Lena's profile leaning down looking at her phone.

In the glow of her phone every feature looked sharper, harsher. Gone was the woman that smiled at her and laughed and in her place was the CEO that had the business world eating from her palm. I turned my hearing to a familiar heartbeat, the steady drum slowly being matched by my own as we passed through the gates to the hotel.

We stayed like that until the car stopped, Lena looking at her phone and me looking at her. It wasn't until she locked her phone and the harsh light left her that I managed to turn away. The car had pulled up outside a smaller villa thankfully, the driver quickly getting out to open the door for us.

"The villa is unlocked and the keys are inside, enjoy your stay." Closing the door and getting our bags, the driver was gone soon leaving the two of them stood outside their home for the next week alone.

Picking up both our bags I waited for Lena to lead the way inside. Following her, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, the place didn't disappoint. White couches and bleached coffee tables, Hanging lights, large mirrors, the whole place was amazing. The perfect beach house.

Lena picked up a note from the kitchen table, reading aloud. "Welcome Lena Luthor, while I would have loved to meet you in person, I just had to visit the pool. There are two rooms available on the second floor, the Master suite on the top floor is mine. See you soon, Cat Grant."