Always

Kara

Lena frowned at me, her hand leaving mine. "I hadn't intended to go, I went back to collect our things since we left in a hurry. A particular trio informed me Beth held the power at Jack's company and with his investors - some of which also invest in L-Corp. We went to keep me in good standing with investors and businesses I may wish to work with in the future." Her gaze never left mine, eyes hardening almost to physical emeralds. 

I looked away, my gaze finding her hands that were playing with the edge of my bed. "I'm sorry." I played with the edge of my skirt. "I just-I wanted to go with you."

We stayed like that, Lena playing with the edge of my bed while I played with the edge of my skirt, the silence stretching from seconds to a minute. The glance I managed at Lena showed her worrying at her lip.

"I'm sorry I left. There was an emergency at L-Corp and Jess found out I was back..." She trailed off, her eyes finally meeting mine. "I didn't want to leave."

I understood, L-Corp was her job she couldn't just ignore a problem that had her being called in on her week off, but... "Why didn't you come back when you'd finished?" Alex who was clearly listening to our conversation faultered in her typing, my eyes finding her standing unnaturally still. "What did you do?"

Lena's hand rested on my arm, trying to get me to look at her. "She didn't do anything." Now I knew she did something.

"Alex, what did you do?" I couldn't get up and make her tell me, not that I could ever make Alex tell me anything anyway, but she turned around to look at me apologetically.

Stepping to the foot of my bed, she lay a hand on my leg. "In my defence I didn't know about L-Corp being in trouble when I called and you were barely stable." Excuses trying to justify whatever she did to keep Lena away while I cried, adament she was wrong.

"What. Did. You. Do?" I couldn't take her acting like whatever she did was for me, we both knew I would have wanted Lena here no matter what.

Alex's eyes left mine, her free hand gripping the end of the bed frame. "I said I'd shoot her if she came near the DEO." What? My head couldn't even understand how she could say such a thing when Lena was talking again.

"But it's fine. I decided to get our stuff and I was going to put yours in your apartment but I didn't get the chance. Actually we still need to get everything, or ask Cat to bring them with her because I'm pretty sure she's going to be appearing given she called earlier. Harley and Ivy too if we're unlucky." I chuckled, seeing her ramble one of the most adorable things ever.

And she kept going. "Although I guess that's yours and Mon-El's problem now? I saw him when they brought you in and someone has to tell me how he is alive because he shouldn't be able to breath our air yet." I tried to grab her hand, make her stop but she was on a roll.

"I wish I had known he was back before we left, I wouldn't have asked you to go. I can't imagine what he thinks of this whole week, me and you pretending to date while he was here. Why didn't you tell me? You don't have to answer that, I shouldn't have-"

I had to stop her before she ran out of air or fried her brain with how fast she was going. "Lena!" The blush on her cheeks brought a smile to my face, already I was feeling better than I was a few minutes ago. "You're rambling. That's my job."

"Sorry." She bit her lip to stop herself from talking again.

My thumb softly ran along the back of her hand, her eyes watching the motion. "Mon-El is back, but we aren't together. He got back a few weeks ago and had been living in the far future due to travelling through a worm hole. Along with others he used a worm hole to travel back." I tried to get her eyes to meet mine, but she wouldn't.

"There is nothing between us anymore for several reasons." I licked my lips and breathing deep. "For starters, he's married." That had her head snapping up to meet my gaze, hope sparkling in her eyes. "Second, I'm not in love with him and haven't been for a while."

I spared a glance at Alex who didn't seem to be moving from the end of my bed, busy on a tablet that had worked it's way into her hands at some point. Looking back at Lena I smiled. "But if you happen to see a genius chess prodigy that loves donuts and talking about quantum entanglement, could you tell her a secret for me?"

Lena frowned slightly, breathing out a laugh as she nodded. I made an obvious show of looking at Alex at the end of the bed, making Lena roll her eyes as she leaned down so I could whisper in her ear. She only made it so far when I met her halfway, my lips meeting hers, as natural as if we had been made for one another.

Pulling back for a moment, she breathed a sigh. "Not sure I quite got that, could you tell me again?" Laughing, I put my hand on the back of her neck pulling her back in a second time.

Fireworks, sparks flying everywhere. That's how it felt as her lips met mine for the second time, somehow softer than I remembered. One week and I was already addicted to everything about her-

"Okay, sister in the room." Alex tried to sound annoyed but I could hear the smile in her voice without having to look at her. This time I let her pull away completely, glaring at Alex slightly when I could finally look away from the woman next to me.

"Don't think this means I'm not still angry at you." I was being serious, but even Lena stifled a laugh at the eye roll Alex gave me. "What?" I looked at Lena confused and slightly annoyed.

Hand linking with mine, her other hand moved a peice of hair behind my ear. "Darling, I love you but you staying mad at Alex is like me convincing you to eat kale again. It's never happening."

"Just because we all know something doesn't mean we have to say it out loud." I grumbled.

"Kind of like how you haven't told her you love her yet?" Alex asked, a smirk on her face as she looked at something on her tablet.

Were they honestly ganging up on me right now? I gaped at Alex. "I was getting to that before you interrupted." Looking up at Lena she was shaking slightly with silent laughter. "I love you." Breathing out the words, I couldn't help but fall more in love with her every time I looked at her, I just hoped she agreed with my next question.

"I um- I have a wedding I have to go to next week but I was wondering since I'm in need of a date..?" Smiling, I didn't even feel like I'd lost my powers when she looked at me so happy and smiling.

"Always."

A/N - Comment if anyone would like to see what happens at their next wedding together