You ruined my week off

We landed at the DEO faster than I had thought possible, Lena holding onto me a moment as she found her balance. Flying wasn't for everyone, including Lena it would seem.

"Finally, what took you so long?" Alex ran up the stairs to pull me into a hug as I let go of Lena. It was bittersweet, I had missed her but I hated that a threat had brought me back early.

"Sorry, Lena refused to let me leave without her." I glanced at said woman beside me, earning a raised eyebrow. "But we're here now, so what do we know?"

Starting down to the main floor, the other two followed, Alex matching my step to speak to me. "Not much. Whoever she is, she's part of an old Krytonian culture or legend and got here around the same time as your cousin or before you at least. Figuring out age for Kryptonians is a little difficult."

I nodded along, looking at the images of this mystery woman flying around Winn had up on the big screens. "So be prepared and careful? Sounds like fun." I offered Alex a smile to show her I was okay with this, fighting another Kryptonian to save my home.

Lena scowled at me. "This is serious Kara. One wrong move and she could kill you."

I lost my smile, Alex suddenly finding the table interesting. "I know. Don't act like I haven't been doing this for three years." It was a low blow having only just told her who I was, but it was true, I had done this for longer than she was giving me credit for.

Lena pursed her lips. "My bad... I'm sorry realising it's my best friend in the cape makes me worry more. Would you prefer I act like a Luthor and hand you kryptonite with a smile?"

I froze. "Okay you two, let's just calm down. We need to figure out a plan before whoever this is pops back up." Alex spread her hands out on the table, trying to draw attention from the argument we seemed to have started.

"You're right. You need a plan and I can see I'm not going to be much help so I'm going to go." The scathing look she gave me as she left stopped me from saying or doing anything to stop her, instead made to watch as she walked away.

I stayed like that for several moments until I heard Alex talking to me. "Hey. You okay?" The worried and confused look on her face said everything she wouldn't, not here, not yet.

Smiling, I nodded and focused on the screens. "Yeah, of course. Let's get started, we don't know how long we have before she resurfaces."

She eyed me for a moment before nodding. "Okay... but don't think you're getting out of that conversation when we have time." Not bothering to give her an answer, I just looked at the screens and waited for her to start talking about a plan. "Like we said we don't know much, but honestly I would feel better trying to bring her to us. We can set a trap and have us on standby with what few weapons we have that can hurt a Kryptonian."

I shook my head. "No. If I can't win then I don't want you near her. You can be on standby for clean up and transport, that's it."

Alex made a face at the order. "Are you really trying to tell me what to do?"

"This fight is going to be harder than fighting Kal, so yes, as my sister you cannot be near this." My voice cracked, pleading her not to be near this fight.

"Fine... Only to keep you focused."

I smiled. "Great, now how do we get her attention?"

Lena

Leaving the DEO, I walked a few blocks before calling my driver to take me to L-Corp, who was surprised on many levels that I was back. He wasn't the only one, many in L-Corp when they saw me did a double take, which I guess wasn't surprising given I wasn't dressed in my usual clothes.