Time To Go

Waking up, I looked at the clock by my bed and panicked, it was almost eleven o'clock. Jumping up, I searched for my phone to find a text from Lena asking me to be at the air field at one. Two hours, that should be enough... right?

"What is going on in there?" Alex grumbled from the couch, running out I skidded to a stop having accidentally used super speed.

"Help? I have two hours and I have no idea what to pack and we need breakfast." Yawning, Alex stretched out over the end of the couch, not seeming to find the urgency I needed for this situation. "What am I going to do?"

Finally standing up, Alex smiled. "First thing you are going to do, is calm down. While you do that, I will start on breakfast and then we will get you packed for your week away with Lena." She put a hand on my arm as she passed me for the kitchen.

Calm, I can do that. Slow, deep breaths, that's all it is. After a few deep breaths I started to feel a little better, if I took everything one step at a time this week shouldn't be too bad. Hopefully. Looking over to the kitchen, Alex had already plated up several pieces of toast each, most on my plate than hers.

"Coffee is brewing and I have four more pieces in the toaster, I am going ot get changed, please don't burn anything." She wasn't even watching anymore, already in my bedroom getting changed.

Making sure the toast didn't burn was harder than it looked, I took my eyes off it for one moment and I immediately smelt something burning. Pressing the button on the toaster, I may have pressed too hard because it broke, the toast popped up but I couldn't get the slider to go back down. This was going to be a long day.

Alex came back to find a broken toaster and only slightly burnt toast, which as far as I'm concerned was a win. "I'm not even going to comment." Shaking her head, Alex grabbed two coffee cups and poured us drinks before sitting next to me. Thankfully, we ate in silence because I was not ready to deal with what the rest of the day involved. The peace didn't last long.

Finished, Alex looked at me hiding behind my mug. "Okay, now that food has been taken care of it's time to pack. Come on." Grabbing my wrist, I let her pull me from my chair through to my bedroom. "Now a week in Hawaii..." Alex dropped my wrist and moved over to the rail holding most of my clothes.

Searching my clothes, I sat on my bed while Alex determined that apparently most of my clothes were not acceptable for Hawaii, at least not what was hung up. She had deemed one dress acceptable, that was it and was now moving onto the chest of drawers in the hopes I had some hidden gems inside.

Sighing, it looked like Alex was coming up empty when she spotted something in the bottom drawer, I forgot to move that, why did I forget to move that? "Kara, is this box filled with the clothes you bought when-"

"Yes. Red K Kara bought those clothes and I would prefer not to wear them..." Looking at Alex, something told me I didn't have a choice in this. "...but I don't really have many options here do I?"

Alex pulled the box from the drawer, laying it on the bed. "Not really. Now let's see what we've got here." Inside, there was two dresses and of course the jumpsuit with my emblem on it. "Well, that won't work but the dresses are good. I'll pack them while you fly to mine and get Maggie to help you so we can get you ready in time." Shooing me away, Alex started putting the very few outfits in my case, expecting me to do what she said.

Flying in the window of Alex's apartment, I was met with a gun aimed at me, Maggie still not used to these drop in appearances. "Hi." I waved slightly at Maggie.

"Seriously Little Danvers? Do you know the amount of paperwork I would have to fill out if I tried shooting you, let alone the questions? Is it impossible for you to use the door?" Maggie lowered the gun, padding over to the kitchen to get a pot of coffee brewing.