Details?

Having finished the sushi first, I sipped on my drink and looked out the window, unsure of how this whole thing was going to work. A day earlier I had been finishing work to get ready for game night and a lazy weekend, and now I was on a private jet to Hawaii. Normally I'm okay with a change in plans because it's Supergirl related, but this was all me. I accepted, I said yes.

Lost in thought, I hadn't seen Lena finish her meal. "Earth to Kara?" Surprised to hear Lena, I looked across from me and away from the clouds outside. "You okay?" Lena's frown and soft voice made me smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking about all this and thinking that flying usually clears my head." So much of me wished I could be outside the plane, flying along side it instead of stuck inside it.

Smiling again, the frown fell from her face. "I take it you would prefer to be on the other side of the plane?"

I laughed. "Not that I don't enjoy your company, but yes. Besides, if I had flown us, we would already be there."

Lena laughed as she took a sip of her drink. "And how would you explain our sudden arrival to everyone? Because, something tells me 'I flew here on a bus.' isn't going to work."

I fake gasped. "That's rich coming from you."

Leaning forward, she put her drink on the table between us. "Well I am a billionaire." Hearing her comment made burst out laughing, her joining me a few seconds later.

As our laughter died down, I knew there was conversation we still needed to have. "In all seriousness though, how is this going to work?" We had both been avoiding it, the fact that this weekend we needed to pretend to be together.

Lena's smile dimmed a little. "I don't know. The same as we normally do with a little more touching and less personal space? I am as out of my depth as you are I'm afraid." Thinking it over, the idea wasn't a bad one.

I nodded. "Okay. How long until we get there?"

Lena unlocked her phone, tapping the screen for a moment. "According to this, we're ahead of schedule so it should only be another hour." Locking her phone again, she leaned back in her chair. "Which we are going to need to go over the details."

"Details?"

She smiled. "Of our 'relationship'." I shifted in my chair, realising where this conversation was going. "You realise we need to have this figured out before we land, right?"

I messed with my glasses again. "Of course. What- um, what did you have in mind?"

Lena picked at her fingernails. "Well, um, perhaps we start with how long we've been dating? Three months?"

I shook my head. "Two."

"Two months. Using details from our friendship will make it easier to keep the details straight, so most of our time is spent at your apartment, occationally mine. Lunch almost every day. Anything else?" Hearing her speak, I realised just how much their friendship did seem like a relationship to others.

"Not much different from normal then?" I chuckled, my attempt at humour not garnering much more than a smile from Lena.

"Yet." The conversation I knew we needed, more than just the smaller details. "We still need to talk about the more intimate details of this fake relationship, so we know where we stand with each other."

I nodded, taking a deep breath. "What did you have in mind?"

Lena licked her lips, her heartbeat jumping a little. "I would suggest we say we've had sex, two months without having slept together would lead ot more questions." I picked at my nails. "As for our interactions with each other whilst we're there, what would you be comfortable with?" Her heartbeat was still jumping, she was just as nervous even if it didn't show too much.

"How about we go with the flow on that one maybe? I don't know. Or we keep our physical interactions simple?" What did she want me to say? I wasn't sure how I felt about any of this until we were in it, figuring it out as we went.

She nodded. "Keeping things simple it is."

We fell into an awkwardly comfortable silence considering the topic of conversation. The silence continued until the seatbelt sign beeped above our heads, lighting up and telling us to buckle in.

"Looks like we're here." The plane descended quickly, leaving the two of us waiting nervously to leave the plane.

As the plane came to a stop and we got ready to leave, I stopped Lena with a hand on her arm. "Did you say if someone was coming to meet us?"

She frowned and shook her head. "There should't be. Why?"

Focusing on outside the plane, I clearly heard two heatbeats not too far away. "Because two people are waiting outside." Tuning back into Lena's heartbeat it sped up as she licked her lips and nodded.

"Okay, if I had to guess I'd say Jack and his fiancee came to meet us." The two of us just looked at each other. "Ready?"

Taking a breath adn pushing my glasses up my nose, I smiled. "As I'll ever be." Grabbing our stuff, I waited for Lena, following her from the plane.

Sunlight warmed my skin, bringing a smile to my face as we stepped from the plane, Lena putting her sunglasses on immediately. Just as she had guessed, Jack Sheere and a woman I figured was his fiancee stood not too far away next to two cars.

Jack stepped to moved to help us down the final step, my smile turning into a smirk slightly at seeing Lena refuse. What was even better was watching Lena turn, hand extending to help me down. Wordlessly, I took the hand, letting myself be pulled gently to her side as she looked at Jack.

"Lena, it's good to see you. I'm glad you could make it."