You are a terrible liar

Kara

I opened my mouth to say something, tell her she was wrong but nothing came out. I was just gaping at her, trying to get my brain to work. Lena wasn't much better, her jaw hanging open too. This wasn't good.

"What-" Trying to talk, Cat fixed me with a look and I lost my ability to speak again.

"Don't." Cat held a hand up to stop my protest. "You are a terrible liar Kara, so don't waste your breath. I didn't believe you two years ago about not being Supergirl - although I need to know how you did that - and I don't believe you now."

Lena spoke up, my head snapping in her direction. "So what are you going to do Cat? You have the headline of a lifetime 'Lena Luthor brings fake girlfriend to ex's wedding... Forget sharing a city with Supergirl, more like sharing a bed!'" Lena scowled at Cat, me still gaping at her for the headline she just provided while Cat just raised an eyebrow.

"Not bad, it's a little long though. I'd shorten it, 'A Super and a Luthor: Frenemies to Fake Relationship'... but I'm not going to out the two of you." Despite losing my voice for the last minute, I couldn't help stifle a laugh at her choice of words, something that didn't go unnoticed if the eye rolls were anything to go by.

"So what are you doing barging in our room first thing this morning?" Lena sat up, looking unamused. Today was already too long and we'd barely been awake.

"After last night, you two need to prepare more if you are going to get through the bachelorette afternoon they have planned. Beth told me of a few more that have been invited and if you aren't careful they are going to see right through your relationship within an hour. As it is Beth can't decide if Kara truly is that oblivious, or if she's cheating on you and felt guilty hearing all those romantic gestures so left lunch."

"Not good." I frowned, looking between the two of them as I sat up next to Lena.

Cat gave me a small smile. "Nope. Now get dressed and I will see you downstairs for breakfast and we can start. We only have two and a half hours before we need to get ready."

Just like she came in, Cat was gone, walking out the door without another word expecting us to follow her. Leaving the two of us to look at the space she used to be, the silence stretching as neither of us wanted to mention what was about to happen. She was so close and probably thinks I let her because of Cat... but I didn't hear anything but her heartbeat.

I just don't understand why she would do that, she was my friend, nothing more. Unless she knew what the others were thinking? She would do anything to keep this charade up, the headlines she gave herself said it all; this fake relationship would destroy her. No one would take her seriously again, she'd be the laughing stock of her board room.

Getting up from the bed, I used super speed to grab a change of clothes and run into the bathroom, leaving Lena on the bed to get changed. In the bathroom I wanted nothing more than to change quickly and go downstairs, but that wasn't going to happen since I came in here. Which, while wasn't the best idea does give me a minutes to realise that today was going to be a long and hard day.

Changed, I closed the toilet lid and sat down. Not only was I pretending to date my best friend but Alex was going to kill me when she finds out Cat Grant knows my identity. There was no chance that she wouldn't make my life a living hell when we got back. The only saving grace was that it was an issue for next week, meaning I could throw it to the back of my mind and pretend it doesn't exist. 

"Kara, are you coming?" Lena's voice was accompanied by a knock on the door. Had I really been sat here for long enough for Lena to have to check on me?

I didn't answer, but stood up and opened the door to find Lena frowning at me dressed to go downstairs. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Of course. Let's go downstairs before Cat comes back up here." Smiling, I step out and breeze past her to the door of hte bedroom before she could stop me to ask again. Her footsteps behind me tell me she's following, and being honest with myself I wasn't sure who I hated facing most, Cat in the kitchen or Lena following me.