You're wrong

Lena

My phone ringing dredged me from the deepest sleep I have had for a while, my hand trying to reach for it without opening my eyes. Why isn't the blasted thing dead yet? I hadn't put it on charge before I collapsed onto the couch in my office last night, thinking that if I let it die during the night no one would be able to tell me anything bad.

I had been on the call with Michael for almost two hours convincing him to invest in a project, which he eventually said he would think over and considering Sam's treatment of the meeting that wasn't bad. My phone unfortunately wasn't within arms reach, meaning I had to physically get up if I wanted to stop the incessant calling from someone that was going to wish they hadn't bothered.

Cracking open one eye, I wished the sight that greeted me was Kara in Hawaii, but that was over and fake, thoughts I pushed to the back of my mind. Locating my phone on the other side of the coffee table I stretched to grab it, not bothering to look at the caller's name before accepting the call.

"What?" I cringed at how dry my voice sounded, no one could mistake the fact I had just been asleep.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LEFT! MY SISTER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND AND YOU JUST LEFT HER FIGHTING FOR HER LIFE!" I moved my phone from my ear as Alex's voice screamed through it so loudly I had to check I hadn't accidentally put it on speaker.

Every thought I had pushed to the back of my mind during my call last night flooded me now, silent tears marking tracks down my cheeks. "How is she?" I couldn't do more than whisper, hating how small I sounded in that moment.

"She's stable." I breathed out a sigh of relief, pushing myself up to get ready to head  back. "But if I see you here today I can't be held responsible for what I do. She has stood by you through everything and you left." I stopped, oxygen refusing to reach my lungs. "I'm serious Lena. If I see you here you will be lucky I don't shoot you."

The line went dead. My phone slipped from my hand, landing on the floor, a sob racking my body. What did I do?

Kara

Pain. Everything hurt. Images of Reign hitting me, dropping me from a building flashed through my mind, hurting almost as much as the hits themselves. I tried to shift, get comfy but sharp pain shot through every muscle, making me groan.

"Kara?" Alex's voice echoed in the room amongst the beeping of several monitors, another groan leaving me as my head pounded. Working up the energy to open my eyes, I found myself in a room in the DEO surrounded by several machines.

"Too loud." The sound of my own voice hurt my ears, but it could have been worse. A hand gently took mine, Alex rubbing her thumb over the back of it.

"Sorry. I'm just surprised and happy to see you awake." Thankfully, she had lowered her voice considerably, allowing me to open my eyes and look at her and if I was able to hug her I would have. She looked ill. Black under her eyes, pale and sleep deprived.

"How long?" I didn't need to clarify; how long was I asleep? How long since you ate or slept? They were the same answer.

Alex's eyes looked to her hand holding mine, licking her lips as she worked up the courage to say something. "Almost two days."

My mouth stopped working, opening with no words coming out. She's wrong. I can't have been asleep for two days. "W-What?" I pulled my hand from hers, looking around the room for the only other person I wanted to see right now.

"She's not here." Alex frowned at me, her lips struggling to form any sort of smile towards me.

"When will she be back?" She had to be here somewhere, having gone to get food or shower while Alex was here. She had to be.