Are you sure we've only been here two days?

Lena

I watched Kara walk away from the table in a hurry, the idea that she had been oblivious for the last three years unimaginable for her. Every part of me wanted to follow her, but I couldn't, she was no doubt going to call Alex and something told me she wasn't going to be happy about the asnwers she got. Why couldn't I just lie? I was doing pretty well at it so far.

Smiling back at the others, I cleared my throat and looked back to the food spread out on the table. "She'll be okay, she just needs some time." Cat tried to smile back, Beth and Jack just nodded and started eating again, the four of us falling into awkward silence.

On the bright side, they definitely won't think we're faking, just fighting.

Kara

Getting back to the villa, I had to focus on not using my powers in public with my rush to call Alex. Finding my phone was another problem, I couldn't find it; not in my bag, not on the bedside table. Where the Rao was it?

Flopping back on the bed in frustration, something stuck in my back at an annoying angle, buried in cover I had thrown around in my frantic search. Sure enough, with some fumbling around, I managed to grab... my phone.

"YES!" Jumping up, I threw my hands up in celebration, almost losing my grip on my phone to send it across the room. Thank Rao for quick reflexes.

Calming down, I unlocked my phone to call Alex, who picked up after several ring tones. "Hey Kara, how's the week going?"

"Has Lena been flirting with me for three years and I haven't noticed?" I didn't mean to spill it so quickly, but once I heard her voice I couldn't stop myself. The silence on the other end of the phone wasn't comforting either. "Alex? Are you still there?"

"Um... Y-yeah I'm here. What makes you ask that?" Alex sounded off, nervous.

I started pacing in our room. "We were at lunch and they asked how we got together and Lena said it took forever because I was oblivious, which I said was a lie. So she gave examples... very real examples."

"Look Kara, I really, really want to help you... but I'm busy and honestly you need to figure this out for yourself. What I will tell you is that your relationship with Lena has always been confusing to everyone looking in, just talk to her about it." I didn't even get a chance to answer before the call cut off.

Pulling the phone from my ear, I stared at it dumbfounded at the idea that Alex had just hung up on me. What was going on? Taking a breath, I tried to call her back but it went to voicemail which only happened when she was in trouble. Still pacing, I looked to the window, debating flying home to see if everything was okay when Lena's voice filled the room.

"I'm sorry." Turning to her shocked, I frowned.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left lunch like that. Rao knows what they think of me now." Sighing, I dropped onto the bed, head falling into my hands.

I heard footsteps getting closer before the bed dipped under Lena's weight. "It's fine. They understood. I shouldn't have used real situations like that, I just remembered Sam teasing me about some of them a while ago and figured they would buy it too."

Listening to her words, I looked up. "What do you mean Sam was teasing you?" Surely she couldn't mean that Sam had been teasing her about the nature of our friendship since she got here? That wasn't possible, or that idea that Lena would have told her about those interactions, right?

Lena ducked her head. "Not long after she got to National City she asked if you and I were together because we spent so much time together, with lunches, movie nights, and game nights she thought something was going on. I told her we were friends, don't worry." Offering me a smile, I couldn't return it, my mind still on Alex's short call. "What's wrong?"

Looking to the window and back to Lena, I let out another sigh. "I called Alex and she was very short with me. Barely stayed on the line for more than thirty seconds."

Lena nodded. "And you're worried." I nodded. "Do you want to call her again?"

I shook my head and spun my phone between my fingers. "I already tried, it went to voicemail." From the corner of my eye I saw Lena nod and look to her hands.

Several moments of silence filled the room, my eyes still dancing to the window and back when the bed shifted again. Lena was no longer at my side, instead she was rummaging through her bag.

"What are you looking for?" I went to stand up but she stepped back, her phone in hand.

"This." She held up her phone and sat back on the bed. "If Alex is in trouble then Maggie will know, so I am going to call her."

Why hadn't I thought of calling Maggie? Surprised, I sat there with a small smile on my face as Lena flicked through the contacts in her phone to find Maggie's. The call took forever and I refused to use my super hearing to respect her privacy, something I wish I didn't care about because it would have made waiting for the call to be answered much better. Instead I had to listen to a one-sided conversation.

"Hey Maggie, It's Lena. We were just wondering if anything is wrong? Alex cut her call with Kara short and she's worried." There was a short time when Lena wasn't talking, raising her eyebrows at one point drawing my attention. "O-Okay, never mind. Bye." Cutting the call off, I looked at Lena for an answer.

"I have to fly back don't I?" I got up from the bed for the window. "I'll come back for my stuff when whatever is wrong is dealt with. Tell the others there was a family emergency." I was opening the window when Lena's hand gripped mine, stopping me.

"Kara, stop. Everything back home is fine." Attempting to pull me back to the bed, or at least away from the window I let her. "Alex cut the call short because she was otherwise occupied..." She gave me a look that said I should know what she was talking about. I didn't. "She took a sick day with Maggie. You called at a bad time but she answered in case it was an emergency."

The thoughts connected in my head and I felt my cheeks grow red and my eyes go wide, never have I been more happy I didn't use my super hearing in my life. "Oh..." Sitting back on the bed, I lay back and looked up at Lena. "Are you sure we've only been here two days?"

Laughing, Lena lay back next to me. "I'm sure, but more importantly... how did you go from your sister and Maggie to us being her two days?" I could feel her looking at me, so I turned my head to look at her, my fingers playing with the hem of my top.

"Because in the last two days you have found out my secret, Cat has found out, I have freaked out over this whole week and thought my sister is in danger not once, but twice. That is a lot for two days... I guess I was hoping I missed a day or two."

Lena raised one eyebrow, stopping my brain from working. "All I got from that is that you wanted this week to be shorter."

Gaping at her, I shook my head and leant up to tell her otherwise when she started laughing. "You are cruel. I think I will go." Smiling, I made to get up completely when Lena's hands gripped my arm and pulled me back down, the two of us ending up a laughing heap on the bed.

"I'm sorry. It was my Luthor genes, it won't happen-" I sneakily pulled a pillow from above my head and hit her with it, stopping her mid apology. "You are going to regret that." She threw the pillow back at me laughing.