What does he know?

Kara

Looking at Lena standing on the roof holding a to-go box, I nodded my head and sat up to look at the view instead of the sky. Sitting next to me, I watched out of the corner of my eye as she tried to get comfy.

I was about to ask what was wrong when I remembered, Lena hated heights. "We can go inside if you want? I know you don't like heights." Not looking at her, I could feel her green eyes on me suprised.

"N-no. We're okay. It's not so much the height and more the idea of falling off the roof." She stayed looking at me, one hand picking at her fingernails as she held her knees close.

Turning to look at her, I gave her a small smile. "I wouldn't let you fall." My eyes remained locked on hers for a moment longer, before dropping to the box beside her. "What's in the box?"

Lena looked down, almost confused until she realised the box was next to her. "Um, pancakes, whipped cream, and syrup. You didn't eat the ones I gave you and you shouldn't miss out on breakfast because of that sexist pig, Edge."

Taking the box, I smiled at her slightly. "Thank you." We sat in silence for a moment, neither of us sure what to say at this point. "I'm sorry." I didn't intend to say the words, they just came out.

Lena frowned at me, "Why are you saying sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for." eyes searching mine worried.

Biting the inside of my cheek, I nodded. "Yeah I do. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have had to leave breakfast and my being here is just going to make your stay more difficult." I hadn't even finished and Lena was pulling me with one arm for a hug.

With my head on her shoulder, I couldn't help but realise our positions had reversed from my comforting her. Looking out at the view, I wasn't paying attention as Lena whispered, "You could never make anything more difficult, understand? You are my best friend and nothing you could do would make me hate you. I will always be here for you."

I was almost in tears when she finished, the thoughts brought about by Edge gone from my head. "Promise?"

"Promise."

We sat there for another few minutes in silence, enjoying each others company and the peace of the silence - or steady drum of Lena's heart - until the younger woman beside me pulled back from the hug. "Your pancakes are going to be soggy if you don't eat them."

Missing her warmth, I stopped myself from moving closer to her and instead remained where I was on the roof. "Fine, I'll eat... if you let me choose what we do today?"

Lena pursed her lips, considering my offer when she broke out into a smile. "You drive a hard bargain but okay." Standing up, Lena made her way back inside, careful as she stepped through the window. "Also, I would get downstairs before Cat catches we've been up here."

Frowning, I looked out at the main villa to see Cat on her way back and scrambled to follow Lena while keeping the pancakes safe. Quicker than I probably should have I was in the kitchen sat at the breakfast bar eating. Lena was right, much longer and the pancakes wouldn't have been nice to eat at all.

I was just finishing when Cat walked through the door and went straight for the stairs. Watching as she left my vision, I frowned, Cat was only like that when she was mad. Putting the to-go box in the bin, I followed her up the stairs to her floor, knocking on the only closed door I could see.

"What?"

Since she answered, I opened the door to find her looking out the window - the window I let open. "Cat, are you okay?"

She didn't turn to look at me, instead leant against the frame of the open window. "I'm fine Kara, thanks for asking."

Lie. She was upset about something and she knew I could recognise this mood, she was in a fair amount whilst I was her assistant. "I won't push, but I'm here if you need me." I didn't wait for her response and instead closed the door and went downstairs to mine and Lena's room.

Without knocking I walked in and flopped onto the bed, no even looking where I was landing when Lena grunts in pain. Turning to my right and the rest of the bed, I found Lena laying on the bed, her legs now trapped beneath me. "Sorry, I didn't see you."

Lena laughed. "Are you sure you don't need those glasses to see?" I sat up and laughed. "I mean, I'm not exactly invisible over here, or am I?" Getting up, I left Lena on the bed to resume reading I guess by the book in her hands and went to the wardrobe. "So Darling, what are we doing today?"

Pulling out a bathing suit and clothes to go over the top, I headed to the bathroom to change. "Sunbathing, maybe some swimming." Quickly getting changed I emerged back in the bedroom to find Lena had dropped her book on the bed and was frowning at me.

"Won't you give your identity away by swimming since you'd have to take your glasses off?"

I moved to grab my phone and a book from my bag. "Nope, not if we use the pool at the back."

"What pool?"

I reached out for her hand and pulled her up when she grabbed it. Not letting go, I brought her downstairs, through the living room and through a set of patio doors. Partially under the cover of the roof was a sitting area, sun beds and a small pool in the sun. "This pool."

"How did I not see this yesterday?" As Lena looked at me for an answer I shrugged.

I put my book and phone on a sun bed and sat down. "There are no fences so I can't guarantee that no one will see or appear, but I do have super hearing to help with that."

Smiling up at Lena, I let out a breath when she nodded. "Fair enough, I'm going to go get my book because you are not getting me in the water."

She started back inside, her heartbeat jumping as I laughed at her comment.