six

SONG OF THE CHAPTER -
otherside • post malone

So then our story brings us to the night of October 30th. The night Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would be arriving. In the great hall gathered Hogwart's entire assemblage. Durmstrang had arrived by ship, and Beauxbatons by heavily dramatic carriages. Posted once again closest to Professor Snape, Adalinda watched as Dumbledore announced the all female school and their headmaster, Madame Maxine. The girl caught the eyes of the potions professor. He gave her a sideways smile before the doors bursted open. She returned it before she sent her gaze to the visitors. Adalinda knew Snape was not a good teacher or a decent person; he was kind to her. She respected him on that note only.

Girls dressed in matching uniforms burst through the doors. They presented themselves as lustful, beautiful women. Addy did not find the appeal of their charm. They danced down the walkway, catching the attention of the boys. They were followed by a woman who was close to Hagrid's height. As they finished their performance, the hall erupted into cheers and clapping. Adalinda sat with her hands folded on the table. She did not respond to them in the slightest. Immediately, she held a dislike for them. They walked in as if they could wrap every student around their fingers. It took her six years to be able to do that, and she didn't want them to believe it would be so easy.

As everyone settled, Dumbledore returned to his post to announce the second school. Their school was run by a headmaster named Igor Karkaroff. Addy knew about him. She knew about the mark that littered his arm under his sleeve. He was infamous for his betrayal in their household. Although, her father was not much better in The Dark Lord's eyes. He had managed to evade his own prison sentence by claiming to be under the Imperius Curse during the first war. As she thought these things to herself, in walked boys dressed in matching clothing. Each one possessed a wooden staff in their hand. They banged them against the cement floor as they took their stage. Even she had to admit, some of them were attractive. They were all built well, strong and tall. Although each of the men were important to the setting, Addy could clearly see favouritism as the head of school walked in. Beside him was Viktor Krum, the famous quidditch player. On the other side of Viktor, walked a highly attractive boy. The three men walked close. Igor looked as if he was protecting Krum, or putting him on a pedestal, more likely.

Draco turned to look at his sister. "That could have been us." He beamed.

"Shut it, Draco." The older of the two sent him a glare. The boy cowered away, looking back to the show. As the men finished their introduction, the foreign students were allowed to sit where they pleased. The Beauxbatons students were drawn to the Ravenclaws, finding their spots on their benches. The Durmstrang students immediately caught the Slytherin table, walking towards them. Addy gave a small, triumphant smile. As they filed over, the boy who had walked with Krum and the headmaster approached her. He nodded his head as if to ask to sit with her. She gave a warm smile and shot Adrian a glare, signalling for him to move over.

He did so with spite, anger rising in his face. She ignored him, putting her attention into the boy who had chosen to sit beside her. Before she got a chance to speak, her younger brother beat her to it. "I'm Draco Malfoy." He reached his hand over the table, wanting to shake the unknown man's. The Durmstrang student sent Adalinda a look. She shrugged, meaning that he was just eager. He took her brothers hand, giving it a firm single shake. He did not mention his name. Before her sibling got the chance to embarrass himself, the girl introduced herself.

"I'm Adalinda Malfoy." She said, offering him her hand, too. Instead of shaking it he placed a kiss on the back of it. Her cheeks tinted red, something they usually did not do. The girl never was subject to being flustered on behalf of a boy. Again, he did not speak his name. He did not get the chance, as Dumbledore began to speak once again. He announced how the winners would be chosen, and gave the students a deadline to submit their name. He explained that to ensure the age restriction would be followed, an age line would be placed around the Goblet of Fire. They were also told that if their name was chosen, a binding magical contract would be made. The name was selected would be required to participate in every challenge. He made it clear that the tasks would be daunting and dangerous. As he finished, he announced that the feast could begin.