ninteen

SONG OF THE CHAPTER -
TALK ME DOWN • troye sivan

The day was dwindling into night. Adalinda did not speak of her conversation with The Dark Lord to her parents. Along with that, she did not think about her conversation with Dumbledore. She was outside the door of Number Twelve Grimmauld Place, on order from Voldemort and Dumbledore. It would be her first meeting since her pledged allegiance to the good side. She had two lessons with Voldemort on Legillimency. Though she didn't want them, they did prove useful. She learned a lot from him, despite her resentment. He had not broken into her mind, keeping her conversation with Albus a grave secret. She knew the location of the Black home, which made itself reveal its hidden placement to her. Dumbledore reached out to her in a letter, telling her about the meeting and the place.

While she stood, she watched the houses eleven and thirteen part, another building appearing between them. The people inside of the other homes didn't seem phased by the movement at all, not even noticing it. She made her way inside, taking a deep breath before she went through the door. She knew her appearance wouldn't be well received, but she had to prove her place somehow. When she walked in, she tiptoed like her instructions said. She assumed if she made noise, she'd set off a charm of protection. She walked down a hallway, hearing voices in a nearby room. Her head popped around the corner, seeing a door to the kitchen. A man caught her eye. She wanted to shrivel back, to turn around and leave; she stayed. "Who're you?" The man asked. She recognized him as Sirius Black. "How did you find this place?" He was standing now. Other eyes peeked to see what the disturbance was.

"Dumbledore told me to come here." She confessed quietly. "He said there was a meeting tonight."

"You still haven't said your name." He pointed out. She fully stepped towards them, now. They could see her entire being now. "Well?" He asked, after a moment of nothing.

"Adalinda." She mumbled.

"Adalinda?"

"Malfoy." His face went hard at the name.

"What business do you have here, Malfoy?" He asked.

"I'm a part of The Order, now." She explained.

"Or a spy, perhaps?" He jabbed.

"Oh, Sirius, would you settle?" A woman's voice rang. "Obviously Dumbledore trusted her if he told her where we were staying." She scolded. She showed herself, pushing Sirius out of the way. She recognized her almost immediately. She had such a striking resemblance to Fred, her boyfriend. "Come in, dear. Don't mind him, not very trusting." She shot the man a look. She abided, walking into the kitchen. When she got inside, she looked around. A thin, balding man with red hair and thick glasses stood by another, lanky red headed boy. His hair was long, and she could tell he had an earring. They must have been from the Weasley family, too. As she continued to look around, she saw Alastair Moody, Severus Snape, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Mundungus Fletcher and Remus Lupin. She took a spare chair beside Snape, who gave her an eye of suspicion. Surely Dumbledore told him she would be doing the same job as he.

"Does your father know you're here?" He asked. She scoffed at the question.

"You think he'd let me leave the house if he did?" She responded, causing him to give a sideways smile. It was strange seeing anything other than a scowl on his face. She didn't like it. By the door, she could hear Sirius and Molly Weasley in a heated discussion. She tried to tune it out, knowing it was about her. Still, they weren't being discreet.

"She is a Malfoy! Obviously, Voldemort has put her up to this! She's still a child, living under her parents roof!" Sirius hissed at the older woman.