twelve

SONG OF THE CHAPTER -
they don't know about us • one direction

George Weasley was suspicious. He was concerned about where his brother continued to disappear to. He was worried about the fact he had stopped flirting with girls in the common room. Fred was being sneaky, and George didn't like it. They were supposed to be sneaky, together. Being left in the dark was not something he enjoyed. George had an idea of what could be his twins issue, but he had no proof. Whatever Fred and Adalinda Malfoy were up to, they were good at hiding it. So, George did what he knew he could pull off. He wanted answers, and he knew exactly how to get them.

In the dorm he shared with his brother, George found himself rummaging through his brothers trunk. He pulled out some of Fred's clothes, and changed into them. Honestly, they weren't much different than his. He did it just to be sure, though. If he was going to pretend to be his brother, he should at least do everything he could to be convincing. Once he changed, he left his room and trotted down the stairs. In the common room, he saw his brother and Hermione sitting on the couch by the fire. He wasn't sure where Harry was. His youngest brother looked over at him, giving him a narrowed gaze.

"Hey, Fred." George bit back a smile. It was working. "Where's George?" Ron asked.

"Haven't seen him, would you let me know if you do, though? I have something I have to run by him." George knew exactly where Fred was. He had went to the quidditch pitch with Angelina, Alicia and Katie. They wanted to keep up their skill even if they wouldn't be playing this year. George declined the offer when they asked him, having another plan in mind. Fred wouldn't be around for a while, so it gave him plenty of time to execute his idea. Ron gave him a nod, and George snuck through the portrait hole. He figured Adalinda would be in one of two places; the library, or her common room. She didn't stray much now.

After her weeks absence, the twins both noticed she didn't go many places. She was rarely ever with her boyfriend anymore, and usually had Lucian by her side. George had not heard if the two broke up, but he did notice a decline of interest in each other. He figured if they did split ways, everyone would know. For the first few days after her time off, Adrian clung to her like a newborn. Now, they rarely looked at each other. George carried himself down the hallway with a stagger that highly resembled his twins. He knew their statures held a difference. It was one of the only ways people could really tell them apart. George mimicked Fred's as best he could, keeping up his charade. He took the path to the library. When he got to the door, he peeked through the window to see if she was inside. When he saw her nose-deep in a potions textbook, he made his move.

She barely looked up at him when he opened the door. Her head was buried into the pages, she was deaf to the world around her. George suddenly didn't know what to do from there. He had a plan, large and deeply thought out, but it was gone now that she was in front of him. Maybe his genius wasn't as great as he believed. If he said the wrong thing, and there was nothing going on between Fred and Adalinda, he might ruin any chance Fred would get with her. George truly didn't believe Addy paid enough attention to tell he wasn't Fred. He thought if his costume could fool Ron, their own brother, it could fool anyone. That wasn't what he was worried about. He was scared that she would be rude, angry with him for talking to her. Then, George would know he was right about her personality.

He cleared his throat and took a seat across from her. He saw her eyes gaze over the cover of the book. "Hello, George Weasley." She said, softly. She looked back down as soon as she spoke the words. He was baffled at her use of his name. She couldn't have looked at him longer than a few seconds, and she already knew. "Can I help you with something?" She asked. She didn't sound malicious, but he saw her sweep the library for anybody. When she didn't see another person, she set the book down. George was at a loss for words.