seventeen

SONG OF THE CHAPTER -
i got away with you • luke combs

The day was bright. Diagon Alley didn't have many travellers for July. The Dailey Prophet was littered with slander against Dumbledore and Harry Potter. Advertisers were shouting about it on the street. Addy walked out from the Ministry of Magic, proud of her new accomplishment. She was legally allowed to apparate. When she arrived, the first place she went was Flourish and Blotts. She spent over an hour browsing the bookshelves and relishing in the literature. She was in love with the sight of the unending lines of novels. She wanted to bring them all home. The bell above the door chimed every time another customer entered. She was too smitten with the scenery to bother to notice anyone else.

Fred gave George a brief explanation as to where he was going before he left the house. George still didn't agree with the romance blossoming between his brother and the Malfoy girl, but he was in no place to tell him what to do. He didn't want to anger Fred and hurt their relationship as brothers. Fred didn't even need to wonder where his love may have been. He knew exactly where she would be when he arrived at Diagon Alley. When he entered the book shop, he had to look around a few aisles until he found her. When he saw the familiar head of blonde hair, his heart jumped in his chest. Now that they could both apparate, seeing each other may not be such a hassle. He cleared his throat as he walked to the opposite end of the aisle she presented herself in. She didn't hear him the first time, too immersed in a book. He did it once more, and caught her attention. She looked up and around, her eyes landing on him.

"Freddie," she whispered, grinning. "Let me buy these, then we can go somewhere, yeah?" He gave her a nod, and she disappeared around the corner. He walked back outside, waiting for her to come out. When she did, she passed him and quietly told him about a deserted alley off of Knockturn. She almost skipped down the nearly deserted street, and rounded a corner. After a moment, he followed. When they met up in the abandoned road, she nearly jumped in his arms.

"Excited?" He laughed, holding on to her.

"How could I not be? I can apparate, and I get to see my favourite person." She kissed his cheek. They sat on the ground, backs against the building. It was dark, but clean where they were. There was a few crates of empty potion packages that hid them from passerby's.

"So I'm your favourite person?" He asked. She leaned into him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"You know you are." She sighed. He traced shapes into the skin of her hand.

"I missed you." He said, gently.

"I have, too. I couldn't wait to see you again. By the way, your gift was more than perfect. I loved it." She smiled, looking up at him. His heart melted at the dimpled smile and the glisten in her eye.

"I'm glad you liked it." He kissed her forehead.

"So how's the joke shop coming? You and George put the money away?" She asked, curiously.

"Yeah, we've been spending all summer trying to come up with new ideas. We've got one, it's called a Skiving Snackbox. It's a bunch of candies that make you ill, then there's another half that cures it. It's for getting out of class and such."

"That's awesome, Fred. You guys are geniuses. I know every kid at Hogwarts would use them to get out of a Potions lesson." She complimented.

"All but one, yeah?" He nudged her. She chuckled.

"I'm good at it, what can I say?"

"That, you are. Calling us geniuses when you probably got top marks on all your exams." She shrugged at his comment, brushing it off. They fell into a silence for a moment. "So how's your summer been? Up to anything interesting?" She gritted her teeth, subconsciously rubbing her forearm.