fifteen

SONG OF THE CHAPTER -
summertime sadness • lana del ray

"Kiss me." The words were pained, frantic. Addy snuck from her compartment to an empty one at the end of the train. Fred was waiting for her. The train was almost at Kings Cross Station, and Adalinda felt her panic seeping in. This might be the last chance she got with her love. "I need you to, right now." The door was shut, but they were still weary. At that moment, the girl didn't care about being caught. She wanted to experience the love one more time before they had to leave. Fred took action, pulling her towards him. Their lips met in a force filled with urgency. It was hungry, angry almost. They were both furious that they had to wait so long to experience the small gesture again. "You're the best." She said as they parted. It was a childish phrase but she couldn't find better words.

"Until we meet again," he placed a soft kiss on her forehead after checking the hallway for witnesses. "I promise this isn't over."

"I know, but it'll never be the same. Next year will be so much harder."

"We will make it work." Fred said, firmly. "I know we can. We can get through anything." She kissed him once more, afraid that when they left the compartment she would never get to again. She was anxious because the person that would return to Hogwarts the next year would not be the same girl on the train. "You look so beautiful." Fred took in her sad eyes, the way her hair shined with the sunlight in the window.

"Don't flatter me, it'll make this worse." She laughed. "I have to go, it's almost time to get off." He grabbed her hands, giving them a reassuring squeeze.

"I'll write you as much as I can."

"I will, too." She nodded. She had to refrain from leaning back into his arms. She had to force herself from the compartment after she stood. "I'll miss you, Freddie." She whispered as she walked away. She fought tears as she made her way to the compartment that held her friends. Marcus and Lucian would not be returning the next year. It was hard to see them go. Over the course of this term, she'd finally grown to care for them. She realized they had her back when she needed them. She hardly saw Adrian anymore. He didn't come near her. It was a comfort knowing he wouldn't try anything else with her.

She barely sat before they felt the train slowing to a halt. The slight squealing of the breaks terrorized their ears, never fully being able to grow on them. When they all stood to get their luggage, they decided their goodbyes would be better after they got off the train. Addy grabbed the handle of her trunk, dragging it out to the platform. She was met by the hard faces of her parents. Draco wasn't far behind her. She didn't greet them at first. Before doing it, she turned to her friends. She pulled Marcus into a hug, holding him tighter than he expected. "Just because you're graduated doesn't mean you can forget about me."

"Never." He hugged her tighter. When they split, she kissed his cheek then grabbed ahold of Lucian.

"You, too." She repeated her actions with the new boy. "I expect letters. I want to know how the job searching goes." She smiled. "I'll miss you guys. It'll be different not having you prats following me around all the time." She laughed, which they reciprocated.

"We'll keep you updated." Lucian told her. Marcus gave a nod. She hugged Cassius and Graham, bidding them a goodbye and telling them to keep in touch. While she watched them walk away towards their own family, she caught sight of a group of redheads. She had to look away when she saw Molly Weasley's smiling face, embracing all of her children. She turned towards her own parents.

Lucius gave her a nod, and Narcissa pulled her into a hug. "Are we ready to go?" She asked her mother. She didn't answer, but gave a look of discomfort at her words.