Chapter 23 Tsurugi's Reason

*Next Day*

Shirabe POV

Kirara: "I'm so excited~ Raimon vs. Teikoku it's just like when the Raimon Legends started! Right, Shirabe?"

"Yes..."

Kirara: "Hm~ Trying to look calm huh?"

"W-Wha, I'm not trying! I am calm."

Kirara: "Sure~ You're doing a great job not getting into your fan-mode."

*sigh*

Kakuma: What? Raimon only has ten players! Forward Tsurugi and Defender Kono are absent from the roster! With no reserve players, Raimon will have it tough today!

Kirara: "Hm~ So that's what Tsurugi's planning?"

"But where's Mirai?"

Kirara: "Oh speaking of Mirai! I saw at the hospital the other day!"

"The hospital?"

Kirara: "Yeah, I was visiting Tai-kun like normal until I saw her! She said she volunteers there sometimes."

"Volunteers? Is that why she's not here today?"

Kirara: "Maybe."

Kirara and I look back at the match.

Kakuma: Raimon starts the game at kickoff! Teikoku's 2-top, Mikado and Itsumi, are approaching!

"Teikoku's skills are good."

Kirara: "As expected of Kidou Yuuto!"

Kakuma: Asukaji steals the ball from Hamano and brings it to Itsuki! With long, consecutive passes, Mikado takes the ball! He blows past the defense! Raimon's in a tight spot early in the game! Mikado shoots!

Sangoku: "Burning Catch! Guh...!"

Kakuma: He blocks it! Sangoku stops Mikado's shoot with his full body!

Kirara: "He got pushed back so easily."

"I thought it was going to make it in..."

Kirara: "I'll say! Look at the ground."

"... They weren't even using a hissatsu too."

Kakuma: The match resumes! Shindou has the ball!

Shindou: "Tenma!"

Tenma: "Right!"

"Ah..."

Kirara: "God's Baton!"

Shindou: "Kurama!"

Kakuma: Shindou makes his orders!

Kurama: "Make it in! ...What? Damn it!"

Teikoku however was able to stop the shoot with just the defense line.

Kirara: "Nice Defense!"

Kirara gave a thumbs up.

"You're more excited than normal..."

Kirara: "Of course I am!"

Kakuma: The ball goes to Teikoku's captain Mikado!

Mikado: "Begin the attack!"

Shindou: "Stop them!"

Kakuma: Raimon's defense moves speedily to mark them! But Sasaki is unmarked! Mikado uses this chance to make a quick pass! Dribbling, Sasaki approaches the goal! With only ten people, Raimon's defense is stretching themselves out thin!