Chapter 38 Miria's Past

Shirabe POV

Erena: *sigh*

I shifted uncomfortably.

I never knew Mirai was facing all of this inside...

I felt a hand on shoulder and I turned to see Shindou. He smiled at me as though he was reassuring me. I smiled back at him.

Erena: "... First... Mirai's real name is Miria Alexandrite."

Tenma: "Miria...."

Aoi: "Wait, Miria Alexandrite...? That sounds familiar..."

Erena: "I would think so. At a young age, Miria became a child model. Under the stage name Angelica."

"A-Angelica?!"

Shindou: "You know her?"

"Do I know her?!"

I took out a maganize.

"She's one of the most famous models in the world!"

Aoi: "AH! No way! That Angelica?!"

Erena: "Yes... the child model who had the looks of an angel. That's what she was always called. Not only that but as she grew older she became even more famous doing live shows where she sang and dance."

Akane: "But... she suddenly went on hiatus..."

Erena: "... That's when it started."

Everyone became quiet.

Erena: "... My second daughter Marigold. She was only 2 at the time. Miria was 7. The two of them lost their father..."

Everyone: !

"Lost... their father?"

Erena: "... My husband loved soccer and played professionally. He was on his way to a match against Italy. But... the airplane that took him... it malfunctioned and he... died. That changed everything... myself, our lives..."

Erena clenched her hands.

Erena: "You all know who I am right?"

"Erena Alexandrite. A famous actor right?"

Erena: "Yes... because our family was in the spotlight I grew worried to how the girls would grow. So I took them away from America and moved to Japan. Under the recommendation of Kazuya and Domon."

Aki: "Ichinose-kun and Domon-kun were close friends of Erena's husband."

Erena: "Yes... when we moved and it started getting better. The three of us lived in peace for 3 years. But... Marigold... she got into a truck accident."

Sangoku: "Another accident?"

Erena: "I was lucky... Marigold didn't leave us but... she's been on life support. Not to mention..."

I could hear the sadness in Erena's voice.

Erena: "... She lost her sight. Glass had injured her eyes and though it wouldn't be permanent... she was stuck in a coma. We couldn't cure her eyesight until she wakes up from her coma."

Shinsuke: "... How long has she been asleep?"

Erena: "... It's been a bit 2-3 years now."

Everyone: !

Endou: "Asleep for 2-3 years..."

Erena: "I had grown afraid... afraid to lose Miria. After everything that's happened... I couldn't take any chances..."

Everyone grew quiet and all thought about everything.

Miria... you held all of this inside?