Chapter 33 An old friend

Mirai POV

Announcer: Now an opening statement from the tournament committee chairman, Mr. Ishido Shuuji.

Ishido: "Players who have won their way to fight the Nationals... I officially proclaim the opening of the Holy Road competition. The Holy Road is the epitome of soccer. The real fight begins now! I look forward to seeing how you fare the challenges!"

The crowd started cheering loudly.

Kakuma: Now, at last, the fierce fight begins! This year features a Russian roulette stadium, divided into five separate areas. Each team will hold their games on a ground chosen at random! And the two schools who remain standing at the end will fight the finals here at Amano Mikado Stadium!

Gassan Kunimitsu... my final match.

I shifted uncomfortably where I was standing.

*Next Day*

"This... looks too fancy."

Haruna: "This Holy Liner will take us to the grounds where we'll be playing

Haruna: "This Holy Liner will take us to the grounds where we'll be playing."

Tenma and Shinsuke: "Wow!"

Kurumada: "We take this to get to the grounds, huh?"

Hayami: "But we don't know where it'll take us."

Amagi: "Oh, yeah."

Hamano: "Anyone besides me nervous?"

"Me..."

The doors opened to the Holy Liner and we all started going in.

Shirabe: "Are you okay?"

"Hm?"

I turned to Shirabe who was behind me.

"Oh... I'm fine."

Tenma: "Oh!"

We all turned to see that Gassan Kunimitsu's players were heading inside too.

Shindou: "Gassan Kunimitsu..."

When everyone looked closely at their players...

Everyone: !

Sangoku: "Minamisawa!"

Tenma: "Eh?!"

Shindou: "Minamisawa-san!"

Sangoku: "Why are you with Gassan Kunimitsu?"

As though he heard us, he smirked. We all sat down and stared at Gassan Kunimitsu but mostly at Minamisawa-senpai.

Tenma: "Why is Minamisawa-senpai with them?"

Then when we got to our destination and the Holy Liner left...

Kondou: "Art thou Raimon?"

Coach Endou bowed to the Coach of Gassan Kunimitsu. While he just smirked.