Chapter 40 Old Times

3rd POV

Aoi: "Everyone, our opponents for the second match in Holy Road has been announced! Our second opponent for the Holy Road Nationals tournament is Hakuren Jr. High!"

Shindou: "Hakuren, huh?"

Tenma: "That famous school in Hokkaido, right?"

Shinsuke: "You know them, Tenma?"

Tenma: "Yeah! Their level in offense and defense is really high, and they're known for playing fair!"

Kariya: "When did you hear about them like that? All famous schools are under Fifth Sector's control these days."

Hamano: "Well, that's likely the case."

Shindou: "No, there's still hope. The coach for Hakuren's team written here says... Fubuki Shirou."

Kirino: "Fubuki?"

Tenma: "Fubuki-san from Inazuma Japan?!"

Shindou: "Yeah. He's a close friend who played on Coach Endou and Trainer Kidou's team."

Sangoku: "So it's possible that they aren't under Fifth Sector's control."

Tenma: "Then we might be able to enjoy a game fully this time!"

Shindou: "That's right. But they're a strong team. Guys, keep up the pace!"

Everyone: "Yeah!"

*During Practice*

Hikaru: "Guys! Do your best out there!"

Tenma: "Kurama-senpai!"

When Tenma passed the ball to Kurama, Amagi quickly got in front of him.

Amagi: "You're not shooting!"

Kurama: "I won't lose to you!"

Kurama kicked the ball up and passed Amagi. Then shot for the goal, but then it went over the goalpost!

Tenma: ! "Watch out!"

The ball was headed to hit someone but then they stopped it!

???: "Hm. That shoot had a good feeling packed into it."

Everyone went quiet for a while.

Endou: "Fubuki? It's you, isn't it!"

Fubuki: "It's been a while, everyone."

Endou and Haruna: "Yeah!"

Tenma: "Fubuki...? Eh?!"

Aoi: "This is Fubuki Shirou-san?"

Kidou: "I was worried about you. I heard you were removed from your position as Hakuren's coach and then went missing."

Endou and Haruna: "Eh?!"

Everyone turned to Fubuki and became quiet.

Kidou: "...What happened?"

Fubuki: "...Hakuren is... Hakuren has fallen into the hands of Fifth Sector."

Everyone: "Eh?!"

After everyone calmed down, Fubuki came down from the hill and sat down on the benches. Everyone went around and listen to his story.

Fubuki: "Hakuren was also trying to prove Fifth Sector's wrongdoings to soccer by winning. But... they secretly infiltrated Hakuren, and by the time I realized it, almost all the members were under Fifth Sector's command. And then I was declared to be a rebel to the Holy Emperor's cause, and forced out of Hakuren."