Chapter 35 We'll always be Waiting

Mirai POV

Kakuma: The second half is about to start. Raimon has benched Kirino with no replacement and changed the whole defense line! Gassan Kunimitsu kicks off the second half!

The fans started turning on immediately and the cyclones appeared.

Tenma: "There it is!"

Kakuma: Gassan Kunimitsu cleverly used these cyclones in the first half as well! What will Raimon do?

Hayami: "We can't see them like this!"

Kakuma: Gassan Kunimitsu uses the cyclones like a wall to overpower Raimon!

When I went to get the ball from Shibata, he immediately passed.

"Crap!"

Tsukishima got it and then passed it on. Kariya almost fell but quickly got back up and went to Ichimonji.

Kakuma: It's Kariya's impressive mobility again!

Kariya: "Hunter's Net!"

Ichimonji: "Ugh!"

Kariya passed it to me and I quickly kicked it up in the air.

Shinsuke: "I'll get it!"

Shinsuke headbutt it towards Kai. But then Kariya quickly got in front of Kai and got the ball.

Kakuma: Kariya has it again! Raimon is keeping the ball in possession amongst its defense! Oh, a cyclone is coming!

Kariya: "I've been watching you guys use the cyclones for quite a while now. It's ours now!"

Kariya kicked the ball into the cyclone.

Kakuma: Kariya kicks the ball into the cyclone!

Kariya: "The cyclones in the second half are Raimon's eleventh player! Tenma-kun it's yours!"

Tenma: "Got it! Spiral Draw!"

Kakuma: Matsukaze uses a hissatsu technique! He's jumped into the cyclone himself! The cyclone moves freely! No one knows when the ball or Matsukaze will come jumping out!

"Amazing..."

I put a hand to my chest.

There's so much excitement.

Tenma: "Mach Wind!"

Kakuma: Matsukaze uses the cyclone to make a shoot!

Hyoudou: "Giant God Gigantes!"

Kurama: "It's mine!"

Hyoudou: "A shoot chain?"

Kurama: "Sidewinder!"

The ball was too quick for Hyoudou and it went in!

Kakuma: Raimon ties the score! Matsukaze assists Kurama! The shoot chain using the power of the cyclone makes it in!

Kariya: "You've gotten really good at using the cyclones."

I turned to see Kariya and Tenma were talking.

Kariya: "Kirino-senpai threw the defense's balance off in the first half. Coach was right to bench him."

Tenma: "Eh?"

Kariya: "He made it obvious who's necessary for this team and who isn't."

Tenma: "...Really? No one can decide who isn't necessary. We're a team because we have all sorts of people on it."